Chapter 10 - The Meeting

⚠️ Swearing ⚠️

Part 2 - The Reunion

Two weeks later
Tuesday 7th  July

Syco headquarters was located in a respectable part of London.
Which, if he was thinking about it, was pretty damn ironic.

To a passerby the building would appear to be a normal red brick terrace house, the only sign of its business was a simple platinum plaque with the initials S.C engraved in gold.

The interior of Syco HQ was modern and expensive. It's marble floor shone with polish and a large chandelier hung from the ceiling, its many lights twinkling, casting the entryway in beautiful hews of golds and pinks.

Louis Tomlinson hated the place.

In the five year period since the band had split, he'd only visited the headquarters a few times to discuss his new contract with Syco.
He'd never come with the boys who stood behind him, whispering quietly to each other as they waited nervously to be called through to the meeting Simon had arranged through Paul.

Against their will.

With no idea what it was about.

Louis was growing increasingly annoyed as he wondered why they'd been dragged down on a Tuesday afternoon, when a young woman with black hair, slicked back into a professional ponytail, walked into the room. Her cream suit was perfectly ironed and her tall heels clicked with every precise step she made.
He supposed she fitted in quite well.

"Hello." She greeted them curtly, voice dull and professional. "My name is Anne. If you would please follow me, you are expected in the conference room." Without waiting for a reply she gestured for them to follow, and began walking away.

Louis rolled his eyes, not bothering to wipe his muddy trainers as he trailed after the woman, leaving streaks of dirt and grass in his wake.

The woman looked back at him disapprovingly before knocking lightly on a frosted glass door. 
Louis heard a low voice granting permission from the other side.

She opened the door and stepped into the room. "They're here." She announced, waving a hand in their general direction.

"Good. Let them in." A deep voice replied.

Louis grimaced.

She nodded and stepped away, leaving enough room for the boys to enter.

Louis didn't look at the man seated at the head of the table - he didn't want to - before throwing himself down in a highly uncomfortable chair and resting his head forward on his hands.

The boys each took a seat. To Louis' left was Niall and Zayn, and across from him sat Harry and Liam.

Louis stared at the table, not trusting himself to meet eyes with the green eyed man across from him.

"Nice to see you all know how to arrive on time." The voice said.

Louis turned his eyes towards the man, glaring at him from beneath lowered eyelids.