Chapter 8 - If I Could Fly

⚠️Swearing⚠️

———————————————————————

Harry's eyes felt heavy not, however, as bad as they had been. His headache had reduced to a dull throbbing and his face no longer pulsated with pain.

Harry heard people come into his room, including his Mum and sister.
He could've sworn he heard Liam at one point.

But not the blue eyed man.

Harry could feel his body gradually surfacing, and took a final moment to rest.

———————————————————————

Liam Payne stared at the wall.

Niall had long ago fallen asleep. Empty crisp packets and sandwich boxes lay around him as he dozed, head on his hands, sat upright on the floor.

Gemma and Anne had left around ten minutes ago to get some food and Paul had left with them.

Zayn decided to take a nap and had, rather ungraciously, passed out in Liams lap. He didn't mind though, opting to stroke his hair and let his mind wander.

It had been a shock to see Harry at first. He looked so beat up that Liam hadn't really known what to do with himself, he had stayed close to Zayn for a long while after.

There was a tentative knock on the door and Liam looked up, surprised but somehow proud, as Louis poked his head in.

"Alright Lad?" Lou whispered as he pushed the door open further and walked into the room.

And froze.
Louis drew in a sharp breath and seemed to visible consider bolting from the room.
Liam watched silently as he dropped an expensive looking bag at the bottom of Harry's bed and walked up to his side.

Liam debated waking up Niall and Zayn to give them a moment, but decided he liked his balls attached to him and thought better of it.

Louis blew out a deep breath. So many emotions seemed to pass over his face.
Too quickly for Liam to distinguish any.

He was still watching Louis when he walked up to Harry and lightly touched his hair.

"You look like shit Hazza." Was all he said.

There was silence in the room and Liam didnt have to see Louis face to know he was crying.

"Well thanks a lot Lou." Harry groaned.

———————————————————————

Louis' jaw dropped open in shock as he stared at Harry. His green eyes now open and looking up at him with an indistinguishable emotion.

Harry's head lulled to the side and he squinted up at Louis.

"Are you real?" He asked, eyebrows nudging together. "I've seen you before but when I wake up you're not there." He blinked slowly.
"Are you just a dream?"

Before he could reply Liam came up behind him and gently nudged Louis in the side.

Harry bit out a cough and Liam dragged Louis out the room. He stopped the nearest doctor.

"Excuse me, my friend has just woken up. Do you know where Doctor Brown is?" Liam asked.

The nurse nodded. "What room are you in, I'll send him your way."

Liam scratched his neck and gave a sheepish smile. "I don't actually know. Could you just tell him that it's Harry Styles and that he's woken up."

The nurse's eyes widened and Liam could've sworn they walked slightly faster down the hallway.