Chapter 17 - The First Show

"What?" Louis asked finally, catching Harry glancing worriedly at him for the tenth time.

Harry frowned, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck with a hand.

"You're just really quiet. That's all." He noted, flushing slightly with unease. He bit his lip.
"Are you mad at me?" He asked slowly, fiddling with his hands as he focused on the blurred buildings flying past them through the car window.

Louis' face softened as he shook his head.
"I'm not mad at you." He murmured. "In all honestly I'm surprised you're not mad at me."

Harry hesitated. "What? Why would I be mad a you?" He asked, visibly confused.

Louis shook his head. "I really don't think this is a conversation we should be having with an audience." He said loudly, throwing a glare towards the eavesdropping teenage girls they called their band mates.

Harry heard someone choke and the sound of barely restrained laughter. He shook his head in exasperation.

"Hey," Louis added, affection coating his voice as he turned to face him.
He reached his hand out, stroking his cheek lightly. "It's alright. I'm not mad, we just need to have a chat. Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay."

Harry smiled softly, leaning into his comforting touch, melting slightly as Louis pressed a quick kiss to his cheek.

Harry closed his eyes, feeling a warm sensation spread through his body.

"Okay." He whispered.

Harry felt himself relax, leaning back in his seat as he rested his head on Louis' shoulder.

The car was silent, the light drone of the engine and ocasional laughter were the only things that could be heard.

Harry interlaced their fingers and closed his eyes.

~•~

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!"

Harry smirked, trying to hide his face from view as Louis protested, gesturing harshly and muttering a string of curse words.

He tried not to laugh as he surveyed the scene.

Tried.

Louis glared at him, nose scrunched in annoyance as he approached Harry.

"You think this is funny Hazza? Hm? Do you?"
Louis eyes were bright with annoyance, a deep flush on his skin as he poked Harry in the chest, scowling.

"Yes." He answered honestly, air fizzing from his mouth seconds before he burst into howling laughter.

Louis was still glaring.

"Oh come on Lou! It's fucking hilarious." He wheezed, doubling over so his hands were resting on his knees. "You have to find that a little funny?!" He exclaimed, pointing to Louis microphone stand.

Louis bit back a retort and stormed back to his place on the stage.

"What's going on in here?" Harry heard a voice ask. He spun round, coming face to face with Liam and Zayn.

"Don't you fucking tell-" Louis started, only to be cut off by Harry.

"Apparently," he began, "someone broke Lou's mic stand so now it's really tall and there's no others backstage so they gave him that!" Harry forced out between laughs.