Chapter 13 - Planes, Hotels and Bad dreams

Wednesday 8th July
Apx. 10pm  (LA time)

The flight took nearly 11 hours.

That meant it was 3am in England by the time they arrived at the airport.
It was, however, only 10pm in LA and apparently that wasn't too late for the paparazzi.
The boys had been forewarned that the paps may get wind of their travels and it seemed that they had nothing else to do on a Wednesday evening other than lie in wait.

Each of the boys had been shaken awake by Paul, and after a couple of minutes, they touched down in Los Angeles.

Climbing down the stairs, shouts sounded in the distance, and Louis Tomlinson tuned to see a crowd of people screaming and videoing them from far away. Louis cringed, making his way down and quickly getting into their awaiting car.

The boys tumbled in soon after, Louis ending up in the middle, with Harry to his left, Niall to his right and Liam and Zayn in the two seats behind. They waited patiently, music softly playing in the background as their luggage was hauled into the back of the car.

Paul signalled that it was time to depart and the boys fastened their seatbelts.
"We're going to have to drive quite slowly, we don't want to hurt anyone." He said, glancing back in the rear view mirror.

Louis muttered something under his breath along the lines of "Just run the bastards over." and he could've sworn he saw Paul's lips twitch in a smile.

Passing the crowd of people was a nightmare, intrusive flashes filled the car as they desperately tried to get shots of the occupants.

Louis saw Harry cringe away from the window and he reached a hand out between them. Harry took it, interlacing their fingers and throwing a grateful glance at Louis.

He didn't know why, but for some reason, Harry seemed to hate the flashing of cameras.

The car ride to the hotel took another thirty minutes and Niall decided to take a nap. On his shoulder.

Louis threw an annoyed glare in his direction, smiling slightly at the unconscious Irishman who was snoring like a chainsaw in his ear.

The car pulled up outside of an expensive looking hotel.
They'd rented a suite, one with five bedrooms, one for each of them.
Louis smirked, knowing that the thing going on between Liam and Zayn would likely mean that there was one room empty. He glanced at Harry.

Maybe two.

He still wasn't entirely sure what they were yet, but Louis was greatful for whatever shred Harry gave him.

He just hoped that he was enough for him.

A plump man with a round face, dressed in an obnoxiously bright uniform opened their door.

He spoke in a cheery voice, high pitched so much so it hurt Louis head and he grimaced, leaning away, consequently jerking Niall who sat up immediately.

"No you're being mean to me!" He yelled. Louis turned to him, raising his eyebrows at in question.

Niall went wide eyed and sheepishly scratched the back of his neck as he shrunk down in his seat.

Harry shook his head and climbed out of the car. They walked into the grand lobby which was richly furnished and decorated with refined care.

A young man sat behind the reception desk. He too wore the red uniform and a fake smile plastered on his face.
Louis approached, the boys waiting a couple of steps behind. He cursed them silently, hating that he would have to do the talking.