Chapter 27 - Happily Ever After

Two chapters in one day? Wow. Look at me go!

This is the longest chapter in the book so- you're welcome. Love you all!

———

Harry readjusted his black suit, pulling the sleeves down slightly before rocking back on his heels.

"Harry?"

Harry spun around, almost falling into his Mother's arms.

"Mum! Help me. I can't do this!" He begged, feeling his eyes burning.

Anne stared at him, her eyebrows raising in surprise.

"I mean- you're already married to him aren't you? So what's the problem Honey?" She asked, half serious, half joking.

Harry swallowed. "That's not the issue Mum, I would marry him a million times if I could, it's the other part that scares me." He confessed, playing with his hands nervously whilst waiting for his Mum's reply.

"What other part Hon? Coming out?" She asked, her voice soft and soothing.

"Yeah." He replied, voice breaking slightly.

"Oh Baby. There's nothing to worry about. Everyone loves you and will support you and those who don't can't go fuck themselves." Anne comforted, rubbing his back softly.

Harry shook his head, his curls curtaining his face. "What if they don't? What if they hate me and Lou?"

"Baby, they will always love you and so will I. You have been more happy recently then you have been for years. So wipe these tears, put on your frilly ass top and get your ass down that aisle."

Harry laughed and Anne wiped his tears from his cheeks. "You've fucked up your makeup as well. Come on, let me fix it."

Anne led him over to the closet, forcing him to take off the plain, white shirt he'd put on, exchanging it for a bright blue one covered in frills and flowers.

After Harry was appropriately dressed in his light blue suit, frilly shirt and Gucci shoes Anne sat him down in front of his vanity. She pulled out her makeup box, choosing a light glittering, pearl eyeshadow. Lining his eye with caution, she applied the makeup, covering his eyes until they were bright, watching the glitter shimmer under the harsh makeup light. Next, she applied a natural lipstick, noticeable enough to know he was wearing it but not too bright that it clashed, making Harry smile wide with delight and excitement. After some light facial makeup Anne set his face with a spray, waving a random pair of pants in his face to dry it, causing Harry to laugh as he swatted her away.

Harry was still laughing whilst admiring his makeup in the mirror, please with how good it looked. Anne watched him in a happy silence, so proud of the man Harry had become.

"Mum? You okay?" Harry asked, smiling slightly at his Mum's dazed expression.

Anne smiled, tears lining her eyes. "I'm okay Buba, just so proud of you."

Harry smiled, pulling her into a hug. "Thank you Mum, it means a lot." He whispered, pushing her hair back from her eyes.

Anne's face crumpled and Harry stepped back. "It's okay Mum." He comforted, smiling widely at her. "Now don't you cry or you'll ruin your makeup and I'm sure as hell not fixing yours!" He joked, breathing a breath of relief when Anne laughed with him.

"I just... almost losing you both has really shown me how much I love you. You'd think that after all this time I couldn't love you more but, that's not the case with you two. I love you more and more every day and you both deserve the world Harry." She murmured, adjusting his slightly crumpled lapel that she'd messed up when she hugged him.