3.

Cold soup that should be hot is gross. Who wants cold mushroom soup with a cold hard grilled cheese sandwich. One side is burnt but the other side is white but hard like it's stale.

My Orange Juice is warm...

I look around to see people mindlessly eating their food that's just as bad as mine. The cafeteria is just like everything in the place, plane, and white. Too clean with stale air. The gross smell of burnt bread is the only difference in this air than the air in the halls or rooms.

Right now I'm sitting alone with my food untouched. I'm not planning on eating it, I'm not that hungry. Not hungry enough to eat this gross food. The food is probably the reason why people get sick so often.

Someone sitting across from me makes me look up from my food to-

Joshua Franceschi...

I look at him wondering why he's here. He doesn't look threatening and we are in front of a lot of people. Whenever they hurt me it's in my room or hallway, not in front of lots of people.

"You haven't touched your food?" He asks looking at my tray.

You call this food?

I roll my eyes and look back down. I don't want to look at him. I know what I see isn't the truth. He's a bad person. His rugged good looks don't change the fact that he works for and with people that hurt me and keep me trapped here.

"D-did you understand that!?" He asks and I look at him feeling panicked. He saw me roll my eyes. Why else would he think I could understand him? Why did I roll my eyes? I don't want him to know I understand him! That would mean he has hope I'll answer him.

"You did didn't you- so you're not deaf?" He asks and I try to hide my astonishment by looking down at my food. Maybe if I ignore him he'll just think me rolling my eyes was a coincidence.

He hums and drinks some of his coffee...

Coffee...

I haven't had coffee in so long-

Make a plan Oliver. You need coffee. This is the only chance there is at this. I watch him drink some of it and then set it down. His eyes go to me and for the first real-time we make complete eye contact.

His eyes are so... Pretty-

Okay, my plan... Back to my plan. I fix my eyes on something behind him and widen my eyes and part my lips as if I were surprised.

Josh turns around to see what I'm looking at but the jokes on him, there's nothing. As he's turned around I grab his cup of coffee and turn around on the round chair so when he does turn back the first thing he'll see is my back.

I put the ceramic mug to my lips and tilt it up. Josh's hot liquid fills my mouth and I could moan at how nice it tastes. It's sweet but not ridicule like how someone else I know like his- who that is? I can't remember. It doesn't matter, what matters is how good this tastes.

"What was- why are you- hey you're drinking my coffee!?" He sounds surprised and not mad. Not yet at least. I ignore him and swallow greedily. I need to drink it all before he takes it away.

"Do you like coffee?" He raises a question.

That's not what I thought he'll say. He's not mad? I turn around and slowly sip the coffee now that I think it's safe. If I put it down he'll most likely take it but he doesn't look like he's about to snatch it from me.