14.

Oli's pov

White walls and stale air...

I didn't miss this place.

I've been here for two nights and it's already hard to think and function again. My head hurts and I can't remember what happened last night but it feels like I ran a marathon.

"Olive?"

My brain feels laggy and I'm very disoriented. I know I'm back at the facility but I can't remember details of this place. At all. I've been here for two years and yet I can't remember more than a handful of things that's happened here.

A hand on my forehead makes me jerk back and look at Josh with wide eyes. When did he get here- No, this is his office, When did I get here?

"Sorry, you were spacing out. Can you please eat?" He says so I look at my food I haven't touched. I look around trying to remember what happened for me to forget this much but don't come up with anything.

I pick up the burger and take a bite. It's good but I don't feel like eating, I want to know what's happening... I put it down and get up. I need to get out of this place.

They are poisoning me.

Josh is poisoning me.

Help

I need help.

"Where are you going? Oli- we aren't done with lunch or your lessons," he says but I ignore him and run. I need out! I slam the door shut to slow him down and run down the hallway.

My socks cause me to slide around and smack into a wall as I turn a corner going to fast. "Oli!" Josh yells chasing after me. I run faster and after turning a couple corners I run into a room and hide.

I hear Josh's footsteps pass the room still chasing after me. Good, he didn't see me come in here.

"Are you trying to escape?" A guy's voice makes me flinch and look over. I almost recognize him but I don't remember from where or who he even is.

I just stare at him because I cant speak.

"You know they are fucking with our minds right? I need to find my brothers and get out of this place," he says getting up from his bed.

Fucking with our minds?

"Do you not talk?" He asks and I shake my head.

He nods a little to himself and messes with his spikey hair. "I'm Remington," he tells me.

-

My eyes open and I look at my windowless room.

I wasn't here a minute ago... Was I?

A knock on my door makes me look over in time to see josh come in. "Hey... Are you feeling better?" He asks coming over and giving me coffee.

I take it and drink some slightly ignoring Josh. I don't know... I think I trust him too much. He's probably poisoning me... But I don't care. I guess I'm going to die here.

I look into his caring eyes and find myself smiling a little. I nod and this causes him to smile too. "Good, I was worried you suddenly hated me or something," he says and I shake my head no so he knows I don't hate him.