1.

Another story? Oops...

Oli's pov

Where am I?

My eyes go over the room with no reconciliation of how I got here. To me, I've always been here. How long is always?

The white walls and light gray carpet look uninviting. The same goes for my small white bed and blankets. So I stand in the middle of my room looking at everything. Something is off, something is missing...?

Something is wrong?

Am I lost?

I spin around slowly looking at everything in my room to figure out what is bothering me. My eyes lock onto the bleak wall. Nothings on it. Not even curtains- or a window?

I thought I had a window?

No, I didn't.

So what's missing?

I cross my arms in frustration. My white sweater with black stripes on my sleeves closest to my hands is soft and smells different than usual. That's weird. My sweatpants are black and- I don't own black sweatpants?

The sound of my door opening doesn't draw my attention. I'm too busy looking at my pants. They are baggy along the legs and crotch area but the waistband and the ends of the sleeves are elastic so they aren't too big.

"This is going to be your only responsibly besides everything I just explained," She says.

She's not talking to me, nobody talks to me.

"Okay," a male's voice says.

My socks are light blue and soft but they go halfway up my shin. I don't like theses on me.

"I'm Josh-"

"Don't bother talking to him. He can't hear or communicate," she says.

"Oh, I know sign language. Maybe-"

"No, he has the IQ of a dog. On good days he understands pointing and yelling but nothing else works," the lady says.

"If he's deaf then why would yelling help?" The guy points out.

Why is this guy not acting like the others? He's questioning her? Nobody does that, they just all say okay and never try to help me. I could look up and turn around, then I'll see them. But I don't want to, I'm still trying to figure out how I got these pants.

"If you were deaf and I started yelling at you, wouldn't you know? Exactly. I didn't higher you to question me. We just need a guy to handle some of our patients because look at me, do you think I can restrain a hundred-and-something pound, out of control, guy?" The lady says.

The room is quiet and then the door closes and I hear them stare talking on the other side as they walk away.

I look at the door and develop an urge to go elsewhere. This cold, bright room is uncomfortable to be in.

It's so lonely here...

I might just unpunished that last story I posted and replace it with this because this seems more fun to write. Or I'll keep it up but not update it regularly.

Questions to get you thinking

What do you think about this intro to the story?

Vibes?

Where is oli?

The lady?

Josh?

What could you gather from the limited detail?