XXVIV

A/N: Uh, hi? I have no excuses. Just know that Jojo brainrot is a very real thing and I've been dealing with it ever since quarantine last year. 

***Not so filthy, but slightly filthy smut ahead, you've been warned. Per usual, I'm uploading when I'm tired so any mistakes/typos will be fixed in the morning.

                                               ================

"Your parents are nice," Kimi said as she made her way back into the kitchen after putting Ranmaru to bed.

They had returned to the apartment from his parents' house about twenty minutes ago, and it was now quarter to ten. Sasuke had left the to-go containers from Mikoto on the counter, and Kimi decided to dish them out into smaller plastic containers, so they could both take some for their lunches tomorrow.

"I wouldn't classify my father as nice," Sasuke murmured, earning a small laugh from Kimi.

"Well, your mom is at least," she corrected as she finished up dishing out the food, placing Mikoto's containers in the sink to wash. She put the lid on the smaller containers and went over to the fridge, placing them onto the middle shelf in the front so they were easy to grab. Afterwards, she headed to the sink to wash the larger containers from Mikoto.

"We'll have to go bring these back to your mom soon," she stated as she turned on the faucet.

"Hn."

Kimi glanced up from the sink to see Sasuke was focused on his laptop. As soon as they walked in, he grabbed it and brought it over to the island counter. He was probably doing something work related, like usual.. She noticed that even on his days off he was never disconnected from work, always checking an email or sending out correspondence.

"So...," Kimi started as she looked back down to the dishes in the sink, "Who's Sakura?"

"What?"

Kimi placed a clean container on the dish rack and brought her eyes up to Sasuke once again. This time his eyes were off the computer and were now looking at her under furrowed brows.

"Who's Sakura?"

"What?" he repeated.

Kimi rolled her eyes and shut off the faucet, reaching in the drawer next to the sink for a towel to dry her hands. "Was she your ex-girlfriend or something?" She placed the towel down on the counter and crossed her arms over her chest. "I won't get mad. I just want to know."

"You already look mad," he murmured, motioning to her crossed arms, a sign of defensive body language.

Kimi sighed and dropped her arms to her sides. "There. Now tell me."

"Why do you want to know so bad?"

"I don't want to know so bad. I heard your parents mention her name, and I'm curious." Kimi reasoned with a shrug. And it was true, she'd heard the name as they walked out the front door of his parent's house. He had never mentioned an ex-girlfriend before, so naturally as his current girlfriend she was just a bit curious.

Of course she heard that. Sasuke thought with a sigh.

"You know about my ex," she added.

"Not by choice..." Sasuke muttered. He immediately regretted it as soon as he said it when he saw the hurt flash across her face before she spun around and made a beeline down the hall. "Kimi wait—that's not—fuck"

He quickly shut his laptop, not caring about finishing his work, and hopped off the bar stool following her down the hallway. He caught up to her just before she could the room, grabbing her by the wrist and pulling her towards him. He wrapped his arms around her in an intimate embrace.