XXIV

It had been a long time since Kimi had woken up in the arms of another person; so long in fact that at first she was panicked. Whose room was she in? Whose arms were wrapped so tightly around her? Whose chest was pressed up against her back? It wasn't until she not so gracefully sat up that she realized who it was.

"I was comfortable," Sasuke complained, rolling onto his back.

She could have melted at the sound of his morning voice. It was deep and husky and made her want to hear it even more.

"Sorry, I forgot where I was for a minute," Kimi admitted. She dudb;t even remember falling asleep the night before. The last thing she remembered was laying down while Sasuke went to the adjoining bathroom to shower.

"Hn." Sasuke reached out and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her back down and against his side.

"I didn't take you to be a snuggler, Sasuke," Kimi mentioned, earning a grunt from the Uchiha. "Don't you have to get ready for work?" she asked, trying to maneuver her way out of his hold, but it was firm.

He buried his head in the crook of her neck, his breath tickling her as he said, "Work can wait."

"I have to check on Ranmaru."

"Just a few more minutes."

"Fine," Kimi gave in and bent her legs, snuggling closer and relaxing.

This is fine, Kimi thought. Just this, the two of them together like this felt fine. She felt warm and protected near him like this, and if she could, she would have stayed like this the whole day. She was sure he would have too, but alas, they had a day to start.

After a few minutes, they both pulled away. Sasuke stood up to stretch his limbs, while Kimi chose to remain on the bed and sit up. She watched as he stretched his arms over his head and yawned, the plain shirt he wore rising up and revealing some of his pale stomach. She could see the waist band of his underwear peaking above his black sweatpants.

"I forgot to ask earlier," Sasuke began. "How did your interview go?"

"Huh?"

"Your interview," he repeated, dropping his arms back down to his sides. "How did it go?"

"Oh...Oh!" Kimi wanted to smack herself for forgetting something so important. She had been so excited to tell him the news, but she had gotten distracted with the Arrival of Itachi, and became even more distracted when Sasuke had gotten handsy later that evening.

"How long are you planning to wait to answer my question?" Sasuke asked.

The hint of impatience in his tone made Kimi narrow her eyes, but she sighed knowing that was just how the Uchiha man was.

"I got it."

Sasuke who was halfway to the closet, paused and turned around. "You did?"

Kimi nodded, a small smile on her face. "Yeah, I start on Monday."

He made his way back over to the bed, sitting down and pulling Kimi into a kiss. She was surprised, but melted into the kiss fast. Her arms found their way around his neck as she pulled herself closer to him. When their lips broke apart, Kimi leaned forward and rested her head on his strong shoulder.

"I'm...happy for you," Sasuke started. "I was worried, but I'm glad you got it." He raised a hand and began lightly stroking the back of her head. Kimi didn't think he could be so tender. Again, she wanted to stay like that, close to him, but again she couldn't. She had to let Sasuke get ready for work, and she had to check on her son.

After pulling away, Sasuke walked back over to the closet to pick out his clothes for the day. It was a walk-in, something Kimi always wanted. She could see the inside from where she sat, and she watched as he pulled out a pair of navy blue suit pants and a white button down—he seemed to have a lot of those, but he always looked good in them.