XXII

Finally, Kimi had found an opportunity. It was a receptionist job with flexible hours, and since it was technically an office job, she'd have weekends off. The position started out part-time, with the potential for full-time. The position didn't specify any schooling required besides high school, which she was thankful for since she hadn't completed college. She'd sent her resumé in, obviously leaving a few things off like her previous dancing job, and had immediately gotten a request to schedule an interview.

Kimi was ecstatic, as well as a little nervous. After weeks of what felt like being a free loader, she could finally get back on her feet—that was if the company decided to hire her. There was always the possibility that they wouldn't, but she didn't want to think about that. She felt she had a good chance, considering the job was entry level, and she'd also had a bit of experience from when she worked on campus as an office assistant in Oto University's student union while she went there.

Naturally, when Sasuke returned home that evening after work, she was excited to tell him the news. She met him with a smile at the door as he stepped in, sliding off his shoes.

"Guess what." She leaned forward on her toes.

Sasuke's brows furrowed in confusion as he asked, "What?"

"I have an interview tomorrow."

Sasuke blinked and continued to do so until Kimi tapped his cheek lightly with the back of her hand. "Hello, Earth to Sasuke. Did you hear me?"

He immediately snapped out of it and pulled her towards him, wrapping his arms around her waist, and pressing his lips to hers. They stayed that way, lip locked, until Kimi pulled back with a shy smile. Even now, after sharing tens of kisses, she still became flustered—a side effect of being with such a handsome man.

Sasuke dropped his arms to his side and gave her a smile, a real smile. His smile made butterflies flutter from her stomach to her chest. Kimi had half the mind to take her phone out a snap a picture because such a gentle smile was rare on the sarcastic, and sometimes aloof, man.

"That's great, I'm sure you'll get it" he expressed, bringing a hand up to rub her shoulder. "Where's it at anyways?"

"Sage Publishing," Kimi answered. "It's a receptionist/assistant job."

Sasuke's face immediately dropped at this and he sighed, "You'll definitely get the job."

"Huh? Why do you say that?" Kimi's furrowed brows showed just how confused she was at the sudden change or attitude.

"The guy who runs that place is a friend of mine's godfather."

Kimi rolled her eyes, "Sasuke, don't even think about it."

Sasuke, immediately figuring what Kimi was getting at, waved his hand dismissively. "No, no, you know I wouldn't do that, Kimi. I work in business, that's not ethical."

"Then, what is it?"

"Jiraiya's a bona fide pervert. He likes pretty women, so you have a ninety-nine percent chance of being hired."

"That's it?" Kimi laughed, throwing her head back. "Sasuke, I dealt with perverts every day where I used to work, I think I can handle one. Besides, it'll be a professional environment, I'm sure he has respect for his own business."

"You'd be surprised..." he muttered lowly.

Kimi again laughed, shaking her head. She turned away and walked around the island counter and into the kitchen. It was about time she started dinner. She was so excited about finally finding a potential employer, that she'd lost track of time.