X

Sasuke woke up, hearing the cries of a child coming from the other room. He was momentarily disoriented as he glanced around the room. It wasn’t his bedroom; in fact, it wasn’t his apartment at all. “Shit,” he cursed, remembering his night. He was at Kimi’s apartment, on her couch, with said girl curled up leaning against him as she slept, his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

 He heard another cry, the source, Kimi’s bedroom, where Ranmaru was sleeping. He glanced down to the woman at his side; she didn’t look like she would be waking up anytime soon.

He carefully maneuvered away from her, making sure not to wake her. He stood up and took a moment to stretch his stiff limbs before making his way into the bedroom.

“M-mama!” The young boy cried as Sasuke entered the room.

The Uchiha made his way over to the small crib. He picked the young boy up and held him against his side. “Your mom’s asleep, kid.”

“S-sake?”

“It’s Sasuke, kid.” Sasuke corrected, sitting down on Kimi’s modestly sized bed and resting the boy on his lap.

“Sake!” The boy repeated, more enthusiastically, making the man sigh.

“Mmm.” Kimi groaned as she came to. She sat up and stretched, wincing from the stiffness in her limbs. She frowned seeing that she had fallen asleep on the couch. She couldn’t remember how or when she’d fallen asleep, but she somehow felt fully rested even though she was on the couch.

“Hehehe!” She heard the familiar giggle of her son coming from the bedroom. She stood up and made her way to the bedroom.

“Ran-” she paused seeing the sight before her. Sasuke was sitting at the foot of her bed, bouncing Ranmaru on his lap as the child played with his phone. The sight of man playing with child made her heart flutter in an unfamiliar way. She frowned at the feeling.

 “You’re up,” Sasuke said, taking notice of her presence.

“What are you doing?” she demanded, marching her way over to him.

“Good morning to you too.” His voice held a tone of sarcasm that resulted in a heated glare. He rolled his eyes, gently taking the smart phone from the young boy’s hands. “Relax, he was crying earlier and you were dead asleep, so I let him play with my phone.”

“Mama!” Ranmaru called out, reaching for her, noticing her once the phone was gone. A smile broke out on her face and she made her way over to him.

“Hi baby,” she cooed and she took him from Sasuke. She used her hip to prop him up against her side, and patted him lightly on the head.

“Are you hungry?” Sasuke asked, getting off of her bed.