III.

Date: 10/1/2015
Location: HYDRA's Secondary Base, somewhere in Russia

She had planned it all out. The second she saw her father's name and that he was with the Avengers, she knew they'd help her. Each night, just like clockwork, Veronica would climb through the vents and begin digging through records and gathering all her research. She had found out that Captain America was frozen for seventy years, and so she figured that she wouldn't have much luck contacting him. Dr. Banner, or the Hulk, never really talked to people too often of fear that "the other guy" would come out. Natasha was a Russian spy, so there wasn't much out about her either, and Clint had a family back home and wanted to keep them out of harms way. That left her only option at being saved up to Tony Stark. She managed to set up a private server with a different e-mail under the name Vanessa Sophia Barron, leaving the initials the same, and sat up firewalls and proxy servers to re-route anyone at HYDRA from finding out about this.

She would do it on New Year's Eve. That was when she'd have the most time. Most everyone would be drunk and passed out, allowing her to e-mail Tony Stark her coordinates and anything else she could include without giving away too much. If they didn't come to get her in a month, she would fight her way out herself.

The girl climbed back into the vents and headed back to her room, taking her place laying on her bed staring at the blankness that is that stupid cement ceiling. She couldn't believe she actually killed all those people. She didn't cry though, she just stared at that ceiling until she fell asleep.

Date: 12/31/2015
Location: HYDRA's Secondary Base, somewhere in Russia

The whiskey burned as she downed the rest of it. She was waiting for them to pass out or head off to bed, but of course they wouldn't leave until the clock hit 12:00. Continuously, Veronica would check her watch, the men playing poker as they took shots. She ran her hand through her hair, pulling it back down to look at her arm. The tattoo had now reached her wrist. She had ran out of room, finally.

"They either come, or I can get myself out of here," she thought to herself. "I can do this."

They began to drop like flies, falling asleep in puddles of their own vomit. It was revolting. Luckily, that was in the basement, and the comms room was up the steps and far away from the basement. She quietly made her way up the steps, taking a small revolver off one of the drunk guards. She turned a corner, headed down the dark hall, and took a right into the locked room, sitting at the computer. She typed quickly, signing into the account and checking the firewalls and proxy servers before typing her e-mail.

To: Mr. Tony Stark                                                                                                                                                     From: V.S.B.                                                                                                                                                                             Subject: S.O.S.

I need your help. I've been held by HYDRA since I was two years old. I am fifteen years old now and have been tortured by these men; turned into a female hit-man. I was brainwashed and just now got my memories back when I saw an article on one James Buchanan Barnes, my father. I know you most likely don't believe me, Mr. Stark, but I'm in desperate need of help. If they find out I went behind their backs and called for help, I won't live another two seconds.

I'm in Russia. I don't really know where because they keep me blindfolded when leaving the facility. It's HYDRA's Secondary Base, coordinates 43° 58.155'N, 39° 55.457'E. I think it's right off of Mount Maroder.