XXVII.

Date: 01/24/2018
Location: Sakaar

Veronica's eyes fluttered open slowly, her head pounding. The light hurt her vision, making her close them, but she forced herself to open them again. She glanced around the room, noticing she was lying on a cot in some sort of infirmary. Her eyes traveled down her body, taking notice of the face she wore nothing but a cloth tube-top and a pair of very small shorts, bandages stuck to wounds on her stomach and chest.

A groan escaped her lips as she sat up, the cuts on her stomach aching as she moved. She turned her head to the right, noticing a swarm of women lowering dampened gauze clothes onto a very muscular abdomen.

She threw her legs over the side of the bed, pushing herself off the cot and over to the man and the swarm of women. As she stepped forward, the man jolted awake quickly with a yell, the women shrinking away from him. A scream Veronica recognized the moment she heard it.

"Thor?" she asked, walking between the woman to meet the groaning man. He was shirtless and was ripped with muscles, a few cuts and bruises but overall was fine. She held a hand out to him, allowing him to take it as she pulled him off the ground. "Are you alright?"

He sighed, breathing heavily as he threw a gauze pad off his shoulder. "I'm fine. Are you?"

She nodded, allowing him to walk to the center of the room. He stepped down the steps and pulled his armor suit off the ground, placing it around his shoulders as the girl grabbed the black dress she had been forced to wear under her armor suit and pulled it over her head, letting it fall down her body.

They began to walk out of the room when a splash of water came from behind, the two turning around to stare at the source of the noise, startled. In a pool of steaming water was Hulk in all his green glory, staring them down.

Thor held up his hands, Veronica keeping her's at her sides, not daring to move. "Are we cool?" Hulk growled softly, Thor turning to look down at the girl. "It's Hulk in a hot tub."

She shook her head, walking around the room as Thor did the same. "How long have you been like that?" she asked quietly, not expecting answers as she had never met the man before.

"Like what?" Hulk asked back, his voice loud, but not scary.

Thor turned to face the tub. "Like this," he pointed. "Big, and green, and stupid." Veronica shot him a glare.

"Hulk always Hulk," he replied, leaning forward from the dark steam.

Thor turned, facing the window that overlooked the city as Veronica flipped through the pages of a binder. "How'd you get here?"

"Winning."

"You mean cheating, huh? Were they wearing one of these when you won?" Thor's fingers brushed over Veronica's neck, the electric plate the Valkyrie had implanted on both her and Thor still there. "How'd you arrive here?"

Hulk's giant hand emerged from the tub, his fist going up in the air and coming down to the water as he made whooshing sounds with his moth, his fist hitting the water with a splash. "Quintet."

"Yes," Thor began, removing his fingers from Veronica's neck as she turned to look at Hulk with hopeful eyes.
"Now, where is the Quinjet now?"

Hulk stood from the water and began stalking out, Veronica clasping a hand over her eyes as Thor looked away. "That's...that's naked. Wow..."

"Mhm," Thor hummed. "He's very naked. Hmm."

The footsteps approached, Veronica moving hand too quickly and getting a glimpse. "Oh god. Yeah, that's forever in my brain now." She shivered, blocking the thought from her mind as she leaned closer to Thor.