X.

Date: 4/9/2016
Location: Berlin, Germany

           Veronica raised her head up from the pillow. She was face down on her bed, hair sprawled around her in knots. The buzz of her alarm continued to fill the room. She let out a groan, reaching over to the clock and hitting the top of it, the alarm silencing as she rolled over and faced up to the ceiling. The light shined through the open windows, making her squint slightly.

"What time is it-" she whispered to herself, her voice groggy. She rolled onto her side and looked at the alarm clock perched on the bed-side table. It read 7:30. "It's too early for this..." she spoke, sitting up and throwing her legs over the side.

She walked into the bathroom, brushing her hair and washing her face. She was still in her pajamas when there was a knock at her door, to which she opened it to see Peter.

"Good morning," he smiled, handing her a bag. "Happy got us breakfast."

"Thank god," she replied, taking it from him. "I'm starving."

He laughed at her as she walked over to the bed and sat down, eating the breakfast sandwich Happy had bought her. "How long have you been up?"

"7:30," she responded. "Then I started getting ready but gave up. I still have to curl my hair, do my makeup-"

"Do your makeup?" he asked her. "Since when do you wear makeup...not that it's a bad thing it's just...we're going to fight, you know?"

"May bought me some. Plus, I know we're on Mr. Stark's team but it's only so often you get to meet Captain America. Personally, I'm the most excited to meet Black Widow but still."

"You know a lot about the Avengers."

"I read about them for months while I was at HYDRA. Studied how they formed, where they're from, where they went to school. Had to figure out who I'd have the best possibility reaching out to."

He nodded slightly, sitting down beside her. "Is it okay if I stay in here while you get ready? I mean I-I only have to put on my suit."

She finished the last bite of her sandwich, crumpling the paper bag it came in. "Sure," she smiled.

...

           "You ready?" Happy asked, opening the door. The two stood in their homemade suits. "What...what are you wearing?!"

"What do you mean?" Peter asked. "These are our suits."

Happy shook his head. "Where's the suits Tony made you?"

"Mr. Stark made us suits?" Veronica questioned.

Happy walked through Veronica's room, heading through doorways and rooms before opening what she had thought was just another closet, but instead there was a case in the middle of the room. "You got one too, Parker. Go get dressed and meet me in the lobby."

The two guys left the room as Veronica opened the case. She pulled out the suit. It was made of tight, stretchy fabric in black and green. Quickly, she changed into it, looking at herself in the mirror. There was a green belt going around her waist, gold angel wings positioned in the center. Green straps wrapped around the legs, one containing a gun and the others with throwing knifes. There were slots on the sleeves, filled with green fabric. Everything else was black.
           Quickly, she grabbed her shoes and pulled them on, black utility boots with a small heel. She grabbed a trench coat and pulled it over her suit before running out of the room.

She walked out the front doors and climbed into the SUV Happy was sitting in, Peter already situated in the backseat.

"Ready?" Happy asked, meeting her eyes in the rearview mirror.