XXI.

Date: 1/18/2017
      Location: The Avenger's Compound, Manhattan

"What the fu-"

Tony glared over at him, making Sam shut up.

Wanda shook her head and looked at Natasha. "You had a child with Barnes, and didn't look for her when she disappeared?"

"Wanda, darling," Vision spoke, "she said she saw her die. I'm sure that means she thought she was dead."

             Natasha walked over to Veronica. "When you were taken I saw the HYDRA officers grab you and throw you on the ground, and saw your dad shoot you in the head."

"Oh now that's messed up," Sam muttered and Clint glared at him. "Sorry..."

"When I was getting dragged away I saw you get thrown on the ground and saw my dad shoot you in the head," Veronica told her. "Then, in Berlin he—my dad—snuck into my hotel room while Peter and I were asleep and told me that my mom—you—were alive."

"Why didn't you contact me?" Nat asked her.

"I thought you wouldn't remember me," she replied. "I mean no one ever looked for me my whole life. I doubted my own parents would've remembered who I was."

Nat gave her a small smile. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Veronica told her. "You thought I was dead, I thought you were dead." She shrugged. "It's a two way street."

Natasha leaned down and wrapped her arms around Veronica, hugging her, and Vision sniffled.

Wanda looked at him. "Vis, you're a robot."

"So?!" Vision replied passive aggressively. "That was incredibly adorable." He wiped an imaginary tear and Wanda rolled her eyes at him.

     Date: 3/9/2017
     Location: The Avengers Compound,
     Manhattan

            Veronica stood outside of the compound, drinking water out of a thermos. She was dressed in leggings and a tank top, her hair pulled back and messy.

"What's up, Mini Barnes?" a voice asked behind her, which walked over to stand beside her.

"Hi Sam," she replied, turning to look at him. "You need something?"

"Nope," he responded, popping the 'p'.

She nodded her head. "Right. Well, I'm going for a run-"

"Wow, really? Me too. What a coincidence."

He earned a glare from her. "You're coming with me, aren't you?"

A smirk appeared on his face. "Yep."

The two of them took off running around the compound, Veronica in the lead. After several laps of running Sam started jogging, Veronica lapping him three times.

Once they finished Veronica sat down next to him on the ground. An hour had passed. She was barely out of breath, but Sam was panting and drenched in sweat.

"What the hell, Mini Barnes?" he groaned, opening his bottle and taking a drink of his water. "You some runner, huh?"

She looked at him and laughed slightly, dropping her head. "Don't feel too bad, Sammy. I'm a Super Soldier."

He cocked his head and him and shook his head. "What did I expect? You're Nat and Barnes' kid and they're both damn Super Soliders. Why wouldn't their kid be?"

A laugh escaped her lips as she patted him on the back. "See ya' later, Sammy."

Her feet echoed against the ground as she made her way back into the compound and up the stairs to her room. She grabbed her robe off her bed and walked into the bathroom, starting up the water as she got undressed. She stood naked in the room, pulling back the curtain of the shower to get in when she felt eyes on her. Her hand found a shampoo bottle and picked it up, throwing it quickly as she turned around.