XXX.

Date: 4/24/2017
Location: Asgard

"Here," Thor spoke, setting a gun on a ledge of the ship at an opened window. "Now the ship has a gun."

"I'll take it from here," Valkyrie replied.

"I found, uh, this in the armory." He held up a bundle of armor, sitting it beside the girl as she sat in the ship. He stared up at her and watched as she looked at the armor. "Good luck," he smiled, making his way towards the palace.

She stood. "Your Majesty..." her voice called, Thor turning to look at her. "Don't die." The engine powered up, floating off the ground. "You know what I mean."

Veronica watched the ship float away, turning to Thor. "Wow. Smooth."

"I regret asking you to come with me," he spoke, the two walking towards the palace.

"Listen, this situation is between you and your sister. You do all the fun stuff, and I'm here if needed. Got it? I will stand back, watch for Heimdall to signal to Valkyrie and Bruce, and let you do everything."

He nodded. "Thank you, little Nat."

She smiled, patting him on the back as they neared the palace entrance. "You're welcome, Big Guy."

Veronica followed Thor into the palace, stepping over ruins of the ceiling. Thor stared down at his own face, looking up at where it once stood. He tapped Veronica on the shoulder, the two looking up at the tiled ceiling. Hela in the middle circle, surrounded by a sea of red, Odin and herself riding horses into battle on the red background. She stood beside Odin in another picture, holding up Mjolnir in victory as Odin held up his staff, thousands of people in the same golden horns Loki wore staring up at them.

...

Thor banged his staff upon the ground four times, sitting in a throne at the center of the palace room. Veronica was concealed in the back, keeping look out for Heimdall and his refugees, the girl able to see Valkyrie's ship being steered by Bruce up in the sky from her post.

A Hela shaped shadow grew on the floor, walking down the center of the room to her brother, her headpiece folding into itself, returning back to her usual black hair.

"Sister," Thor spoke.

"You're still alive," Hela replied.

"I love what you've done with the place. Redecorating, I see."

"It seems our father's solution to every problem was to cover it up." Veronica nodded her head, listening into the conversation. Hela was not wrong about that statement.

"Or to cast it out," Thor continued. "He told you you were worthy. He said the same thing to me."

"You see?" Hela asked. "You never knew him. Not at his best. Odin and I drowned entire civilizations in blood and tears. Where do you think all this gold came from? And then, one day, he decided to become a benevolent king. To foster peace, to protect life...to have you." Veronica ran her hands through her hair, keeping her hand on her blade, just incase she was needed.

"I understand why you're angry," Thor's voice spoke. "And you are my sister, and technically have a claim to the throne. And believe me, I would love for someone else to rule, but it can't be you. You're just..." he sighed, "...the worst."

Hela ran her hands back over her hair, turning them into her horned head piece. "Okay, get up. You're in my seat."

Thor stood, walking down the steps with Odin's staff in hand. "You know, Father once told me that a wise king never seeks out war."