XXIX.

Date: 3/24/2017
Location: Sakaar

"The Sun's going down. It's getting really low," Thor repeated, walking Bruce to a seat as Veronica blocked them from other's view, standing in front of them carefully. "The Sun's going down. It's getting real low."

Bruce leaned forward, cradling his head in his hands. "Oh...shoot."

"Sun's getting low..."

The man moved his head from his hands, turning to Thor. "Would you stop saying that?"

"I just need you to stay calm," Thor replied.

"Calm? I'm on an alien planet!"

Thor removed his hands from Bruce's arm and shoulder. "It's just a planet. You've been on a planet before."

Bruce widened his eyes, turning to him. "Yeah. One!"

"Now you've been on two. That's a good thing. It's a good experience."

Bruce leaned his head back down. "My neurons, they're firing faster than my brain can handle the information. The whole thing is totally different this time. In the past, I always felt like Hulk and I each had a hand on the wheel. But this time it's like he had the keys to the car and I was locked in the trunk."

"You're back now. That's all that matters."

"No, it's not what matters. What I'm trying to tell you is that if I turn into the Hulk again, Banner may never come back. And we are stranded on a planet that is designed to stress me out."

Thor put his hand on his back. "We're not stranded. I'm gonna figure out a way to get us home."

"Thank you," Bruce spoke.

"Well, not your home, though. Asgard. My home."

"...What?"

Veronica sighed, kneeling down in front of them. "Bruce, we will get back to Earth. I promise you. But Asgard is in danger; the people are in danger."

Thor nodded his head. "The three of us have to fight this really powerful being, who also happens to be my sister."

Bruce stared at them. "Okay, that is so wrong on so many...I don't wanna fight your sister. That's...That's a family issue."

"No, she's an evil being," the God replied, shaking his head.

"I don't care what she is. I'm not fighting any more beings. I'm sick of it."

"What?"

"I just told you. If I turn into Hulk, I am never gonna come back again. And you don't care."

"No, no. I'm putting together the team. The Hulk is the fire."

Bruce scooted away. "Wait, you're just using me to get to the Hulk."

"What? No."

"It's gross. You don't care about me. You're not my friend."

"No, I don't even like the Hulk. He's all like...'smash, smash, smash'," he mocked, banging lightly on his chest. "I prefer you." Veronica glanced over at him, raising her eyebrows at him in a look that asked 'really?'

"...Thanks," Bruce replied, smiling slightly.

"But, if I'm being honest," Thor began, "when it comes to fighting evil beings, he is very powerful and useful."

"Yeah, Banner's powerful and useful, too."

"Is he, though?"

Veronica groaned, standing up and leaning against the wall beside Thor's head.