When you catch him cheating part 1

Liam:

It wasn't as if you were planning this as a surprise. It was your friend's idea after all. One Direction left the city and was having another concert out further in the country. You told Liam you'd miss him before your friends could even unleash their plan on you.

They showed up at your place one day, holding out tickets and looking more excited than you had ever seen them. Surprised, you sat in a daze as they told you how they had gotten tickets, taken off work and were ready to go on a mini-vacation with you just to see the show. You had to sit there and register it for awhile before you could reach the same amount of enthusiasm they were currently displaying.

You packed up, ready to go for the next day. You drove out with your friends, blaring the radio and singing along to all of the songs. They really knew how to cheer you up.

You decided to go a day before the concert so you would have time to explore and adventure around the city before the actual show. You told yourself you weren't going to tell him you were there; you were hoping he would spot you in the audience. You smiled to yourself, trying to picture the look on his face when he saw you.

When you were finally ready to retire to your rooms late in the night, you were exhausted. You had to grab a few more things from the car, so you told your friends you'd just meet them up there.

As you walked down the hall, you heard a familiar voice and you couldn't help but wonder if you were in the same hotel. You would get to see his surprised face either way, right? You were a little too curious and a little too eager to ignore it.

But then you heard a woman's laughter.

You rounded the corner with wide eyes, finding Liam struggling to open the door and laughing with a hand around a woman's waist. He tried to quiet her, placing a finger over his lips with a soft laugh. You moved closer, almost in a daze as you placed one foot in front of the other. Your eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. It felt like you were in a dream, or some horrible, horrible nightmare.

When the door finally opened the girl headed in first, grabbing onto his hand with both of hers and pulling him forward. As he was about to stumble in after, he turned his head up and noticed you. His face immediately dropped and his eyes widened. He removed his hand from the girl's grip and closed the door with her inside so the two of you were alone in the hallway.

You stared at the closed door, your eyes beginning to sting. "W-What are you doing here?" he stuttered out.

"Who is that?" you asked, your voice too small. Before he could even finish the word 'nobody,' you snapped your head towards him, tone biting. "Is this why you didn't want me to come along? Is this what you do when I'm gone?" You could feel your eyes begin to water slightly.

"No, babe-It isn't like that-" he tried to reach for your arm to calm you, but you quickly ripped it out of his grasp.

You slapped him. It was like a natural reaction that you couldn't stop yourself from. His eyes widened double their size as he raised a hand to his cheek. "Don't you babe me," you spat back at him. "You went somewhere else since apparently you didn't want it from me. I get it. I always kind of assumed I wasn't good enough for you," you tried to make your words as stinging as possible, tried to make him regret everything.

"No- Don't say that-" he looked like he didn't know what to do. He was so flustered, so worried that he ruined everything. And he did. You turned on your heel, prepared to make this the last time he would ever see you. His next words made you stop dead in your tracks. "Don't do this... I-I love you-"

You turned your head to him, hoping to epitomize the phrase 'if looks could kill.' Your eyes begin to grow wet and moist, the tears were already falling. You spoke through clenched teeth, just loud enough for him to hear. "I think you've lied to me enough."