PROFIL WATCH

Sana needed proof, elements demonstrating Lee's discriminatory behavior impacted the team's working environment.

Lee risked losing his job if the HR ethics community recognized his transgressions.

Because of this, Sana wished to check everything without overlooking any details. She and Keela established a simple task list. Sana would scope Lee's socials for information, and Keela would befriend and create the anti-Lee Cook lobby.

The two friends were different but complementary. Keela was the crazy extrovert who loved a good chat even if it led nowhere. Sana was an introvert who found contempt in listening. Front stage and backstage, that's how they operated.

Sana clicked on Lee's profile.

Nothing could be simpler, but Sana was not exactly someone you would qualify as an Internet Guru.

"Okay, Mr. Cook, who are you?"

Back in London, a little thought crept into Keela's mind. Perhaps she should warn Sana about some social media profile tracking systems. Nah, she thought Sana would probably curse her out for underestimating her skills.

In the meantime, Sana entered her search. First, she logged into Linkedin. The profile pic was decent; the absence of his predominant beard and long hair made him look younger.

Sana's mouth dropped open at the three-digit figure of his profile connections.

How did the man manage to have over two thousand working connections?

The man's scroll list of work experience made Sana wonder what prehistorical mammal Lee was. Lee gave of that thirty-five and forty-ish vibe. Tall, broad-shouldered, and relatively slender his body also summed his age around that mid-thirties bar, but looks could be deceiving.

Education-wise, Lee had a bachelor's in management and various degrees. What retained Sana's attention was sound engineer licentiate and a link to what Sana thought was his website. She clicked and found herself on Twitter, where she blinked in front of the 15K followers.

How could it be possible?

It only took Sana a minute to understand music was the subject of interest. Electro, funk, garage, Lee had the Midas touch on the spinning tables. From what Sana read on his social media profiles, he either led a double life or used to be a DJ and producer or something. Her intuition was correct; Lee even had his music label. In the photos, Lee smiled, partied, and mixed. He posed with different people, men, women, transgender, and drags, at events known to be popular amongst the lgbtq+ community. Happiness and genuine fulfillment transpired in every photo.

Could someone fake it to this point?

The man volunteered for UNESCO and ran marathons for bone and marrow patients. He did all types of challenges for red nose day, including the famous ice bucket one.

None of his posts were offensive. He liked quotes and song lyrics.

Sana scrolled down to the birth of the account and almost ten years of the man's life. After reading the first post, Sana almost persuaded herself the Lee Cook she encountered was an impostor.

Guilt came and planted its flag in her mind. Ashamed, Sana closed the page. It was Lee's private life she looked into without thinking of the intrusion it was.

As Keela suspected, all of Lee's social media accounts were either professional or premium; therefore, the man had access to who saw his profile. Concerning Linkedin, he even got a notification.

"What on earth is she doing?" Lee clicked on her profile.

Sana Gulati, the gaunt face seemed photoshopped for a person who knew how pulped her cheeks were in the present. He noted nothing exceptional in her experiences or education except she studied in England. On the whole, she spent ten years of her life there, where she attended primary and secondary school. No one went back as far as to justify their education unless they wished to underline some skill. Here it was probably her ability to speak English she wanted to put forward.

"Pff, a debutant."

Apart from that, one could merrily yawn through her page.

Hobbies: Music, cuisine.

What a bore, NTP [nothing to report], Lee thought.

Lee slid back on his chair when another notification arrived from Twitter. This time the man did not smile. The woman stalked him; he grabbed his phone, connected to teams, chose the chat.

Message to Sana Gulati: Hi, are you enjoying yourself?

What do you think you're doing.

Two can play that game.

Sana jumped at the sound of the team's ringtone she was not used to hearing. She drew her pattern, and the screen unlocked.

The name alone made her heartbeat accelerate with fright.

She opened.

"Oh, my God."

Without a second thought, she replied, I have nothing to hide.

Message from Lee Cook: Really.

What will you do for this year Vasant Panchami?

Who's Winston? Oh no, no more Winston from October 2019.

What happened 💔

Sana connected to her Facebook. The man had already dissected the last two years of her life.

Her stop it message got a don't count on it and a little bratty emoji 🤪.

Message from Sana Gulati: You're having fun, aren't you?

Message from Lee Cook: Won't you?

You can't play Dora the explorer on someone's socials and expect them to watch you do.

With the remark, Sana realized the ridicule of her action.

Vexed by the man's attitude, she let herself fall into a practice she detested

I'll mute and block you, Sana retorted.

Message from Lee Cook: Go ahead. You'll sneak in through the back door with a dummy profile. I'll do the same, then what?

I'm not a stalker, Sana wrote back while recognizing the idea was not a stupid one. She wondered why she didn't start by making a dummy account to survey him on socials in the first place.

Message from Lee cook: I know what you're doing with your friend. Watch me if you want. I, too, have nothing to hide, any displaced pride or reputation to lose.

Reply from Sana Gulati: What about your job? Aren't you afraid to lose it?

Reply from Lee Cook: Ha, 🤣😭🤣😂 I'm competent. I doubt I'll need to do a survival game to find another.

Lee was right; twenty-four hours seemed more than enough to have him re-employed somewhere with the contacts he had.

So you can carry on, Sana, remember, I'll be watching you too.

Was it War?

Sana hoped not.

Between the beer and the zoom message, Lee led by two to none.

The woman didn't know if she had the shoulders to step into the ring with the man, but the displaced pride Lee tossed found a new home on Sana's shoulders.

Message from Sana Gulati: Then watch me. See if I care.

Lee blinked and rubbed his eyes, unable to believe the woman defied him.