CCTV

Sana went back to France. She made a decision she stood by her friend instead of Lee. There was no time for regret even though new elements pointed the finger at Keela.

After expressing her opinion and discontent, the good friend sought circumstances and pretexts to atone what she saw as a foul and dirty story. For Sana, Keela's behavior was the result of the scheming narcissistic pervert who was Micheal.

Keela was a young graduate when she started working in Micheal's department. She came with the youth but also a lot of naivety.

The man abused Keela's empathy, and when he wanted out, he sent got this pit bull friend who barked at Keela and chewed her out. Again amid the turmoil, Micheal was the only one getting away without damage.

Sana expected to hear no more from Lee. The man didn't disappoint her as he gave zero sign of life. The woman conditioned herself to not think of what could have been and worked.

Despite the strong feelings she has for him, Sana was too embarrassed and didn't have the guts to call, see him and explain she made a mistake.

The feeling amplified when the images of their last conversation replayed in her mind. She treated Lee like a villain, even refusing to enter his house. Sana could only imagine how she made the man feel.

A week past and the company convoked Lee and Keela.

Keela's was heard in the morning and Lee in the afternoon to avoid crossing each other. What surprised everyone was how Keela backed out from pressing charges against Lee. None could suspected how even then she tried to save herself but also Micheal from being exposed.

After hearing Keela, the assessors were ready to stamp Lee out. The woman not only related the lift incident, but she also had a file with a signed petition and testimonies from women victims of Lee's verbal aggressions.

Brennan sat listened, with the others and waited to hear the other side of the story.

Lee was his usual self. He didn't bow down or flinch in front of the accusations. Neither did he deny anything. Lee explained with precision every take seen on the CCTV video. Like Keela, he cut Sana and Micheal out of the picture.

The impression the assessors had was it was a quarrel resulting from Lee's behavior.

"I know the elements are against me. I recognize that my conduct has not been irreproachable in the last two years. I'm ready to accept any sanction you see fit."

"Thank you, Lee. We will notify you of our decision in five days."

Lee got up and left. The assessors debated.

"He's a man. They were in a closed space. She felt threatened."

Yes, but we can clearly see that Keela is the one who stops the lift first and pulls him back inside. She instigated the hostilities."

"Oh," Louise rolled eyes, "so Lee has the right to break her wrist for that. I'm sorry, he's a man, he's stronger; she felt threatened. Lee should have withheld himself."

"Lou, stop being bias like the man has his fist but a woman a knife. The guy should let the woman stab him?"

"It's not the case here."

"Calm down. Does it matter? What we have is a man who is renowned for his verbal outbursts but who is excellent at his job."

"Come on, Brennan, so we should let Lee off because he can hold a region?"

"I didn't say that. Can I finish? On the other side, we don't have one woman, but women. What we decide here is important. We must think of the message we're sending out."