NEWNESS

"Sana, are you okay?"

"Huh."

"You've been touching your necklace for the last five minutes while fixing the wall of laces."

"You know what? I'll go and finish the timesheets in the office, call me if there's anything."

Betty tilted her head to the side and frowned. The wall of laces did not correspond to any timesheet.

Sana opened the stockroom door and went down. Her thoughts were too dissipated. Lee's cameo appearance shambled the woman to the core.

Again he parted with an enigmatic see you tomorrow. Did it mean he would come again?

"Bruno for Sana, there's someone here for you?"

The woman got up and returned to the floor, only Lee talking with her staff.

"Eh, excuse me."

"Sana, I knew his face seemed familiar. Sorry, we didn't recognize you," Betty said.

Lee smiled, "I was just explaining I didn't work for the company anymore and that my only interest and reason for being here is you."

"I see," it took Sana a second to seize Lee's words. The woman nodded only to yell, "what?"

"Well, if you need a discount, holla unless Sana does it."

"Oh no, she won't do that. She made me pay full price yesterday. She's ruthless."

"Ouch, Sana, why?" Emma asked.

"Because he's not part of the company, and he's neither my friend norㅡ."

All looked at her, and Lee appeared eager to hear the last bit, "anyway, I won't do it. Can you all please get back to work? Three customers walked out the door without being approached because of the huddle."

Everyone returned to their assigned zones.

"Wow, you're a new custodian."

Sana sighed, "what do you want, Lee?"

"When is your lunch break."

The art of seduction was something the man hated to bend to, but his desire to win the woman over was stronger. He maintained his course throughout the week. He didn't call or send messages, but he showed up every day to take her home.

The man didn't joke when he spoke of courtship. Lee didn't attempt anything, and the woman found herself daydreaming of quirky and kinky situations. Nothing happened like in the movies in real life; the man waited for encouraging signs to take the first steps.

Sana wished Lee would be direct.

The thought haunted her until the store's closing time that Friday night, where she crossed her fingers and hoped Lee would be there.

"Gosh, you're sure to slow to close."

"I didn't know I had an appointment."

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" The man asked.

"I'm not going to lie."

They began to walk, "how was your day?"

"Same old, sales, exchanges, and refunds," Sana said.

They were close, and their hands lightly brushed against the others at every step. While Sana hoped he would hold her hand, Lee wondered whether he should.

What would her reaction be?

The lift incident with Keela set them back, and a form of timidity overwhelmed them.