NUMBER

Sana's cheeks flushed in an undetectable light pink as blood rushed to support her blush, "I'm not seeking anything."

"Great, Scully."

Sana frowned, "Scully?"

"Yeah, you and I, we're like Mulder and Scully," Lee said and lifted his eyebrows twice before giving a definite coy stare.

"You mean the two investigators in a paranormal 90s series."

"It was called X-files, and the show was amazing thanks to the dynamic duo."

"Oh, and you think we're like them."

The man nodded while he gulped Sana's beer.

Reading Lee's mind was one thing understanding him was like trying to figure out the Da Vinci code without the hint cookies dropped by Dan Brown.

Sana gave up; she tacitly accepted what he said and left the mind-bending analysis for a later date or moment like when she would sit on her washroom toilet.

"So you're just going to watch me eat?"

"Yes."

The man took a few bites and stopped, got up, and went to the counter.

His cousin nodded and came to clear the table.

A few minutes later, Elliot came with a doggy bag. Lee went to fetch at the counter, "anything between you two?"

"No, give me my bag."

"Is she single?"

"Just give me my bag, will you," Lee insisted.

Elliot widened his eyes, "answer."

"Look at her; of course, she's single."

Elliot grinned, took a post-it from his apron, wrote, and gave the note to Lee with the bag.

"What? No, Elliot, I don't want you to fuck a colleague. I've had enough of that already."

"Come on, Lee."

Lee sighed walked back to the table, "let's go."

Sana got up and glanced at the counter, where Elliot gave her a wink, "what were you talking about?"

"My cousin wants to pound you vulgarly."

"Really?" Sana asked, all eyes beaming.

Lee sneered strode to the bar's door, "you're disgusting. Try to feign indifference at least."

Sana rolled eyes and overtook him. The man caught up, "is he your type at least?"

"I don't have a type."

Lee tilted his head from side to side to mimick her expression before adding, "please don't roll out the fake shit rug. There are forcibly traits you prefer."

"I just appreciate polite and well-educated men."

Lee chuckled, "well, you won't have the polite part with Elliott, whatever that's supposed to mean. He gave me his number for you."

Sana stopped, "he did?"

"Yes, so do you want it?"

"What if I do?" Sana replied in a petulant tone that irritated the man.

"You'll just bench the minus hundred in my esteem."

Sana laughed, "because I graded somewhere higher on your barometer, in that case, let me remain Scully."

Lee handed her Elliot's number, and Sana scrunched it up and walked back to the first bin they crossed to throw it. Lee watched, tormented by an odd sensation.