HE MOVES

Party time. 

Following Keelas's advice, Sana tried to blend in. She left the French managers who were over their wow phase and entered their complaining stage, which consisted of criticizing everything from the food to the bedspreads they found itchy.

Yes, three days was the max period one could throw fairy dust at the French. After that delay, their true character surfaced.

Sana sought to find Keela, but her friend disappeared. They were adults; they didn't need to stick together like glue. Sana realized she had a moment of freedom. The woman decided to eclipse herself from what became the beer fest of absurdity. No one would notice her absence anyway, Sana thought.

She left the hotel and began to walk, Sana didn't know where she headed, but an evening stroll never did any harm. After ten minutes, she found herself where she imagined was her destination.

Sana stood to stare at the sea. The wind blew wild; still, the sea air refreshed her face. After the hectic day and party reception, the woman needed a breather.

The man walked along the boardwalk; the day finished him off. Lee needed to unwind. He stopped smoking, but occasionally he allowed himself to take a puff or two.

Bad habits were hard to let go of, but luckily the excitement bought about by distraction managed wonders. The man scrunched the packet with the remaining cigarettes and threw it in a bin.

"You'll catch a cold."

Sana turned to find Lee standing with his hands in his pocket. The man ignored her since the conference began, and Sana got the impression she dreamt Lee spoke to her on numerous occasions. The woman convinced herself Lee had just done his job by motivating her and did not care more about her than what he ate for breakfast.

Lee advanced and stood next to her "what are you looking at?"

"The sea."

"What sea? It's dark, cold, and here you are, swooning over the mirage. Come on."

Sana did not even have a second to react that the man strode away. Lee turned, "so are you coming or not?"

Sana hurried to stand by his side. Only when they began to walk did Sana ponder on why she always did what he asked.

Did she fear him?

No, he roped her into his rowdy and rude world. For some odd reason, only the universe could answer; Sana did not protest.

They arrived at the high street, though tall Lee slowed his pace and took steps at her rhythm.

The man stopped and opened the door to The Cricketers pub. Sana's eyes light up at the sight of the red lights and the traditional decor.

"A table for two, please, John."

Caught in the whirlwind of the events, Sana could not think over her actions. Now she sat across from Lee with a pint.

Lee pulled up the sleeve of his sweater, took a sip of his pint, and leaned forward, "so Sana, what have you learned during this retail conference.

Sana's eyes darted, "em, Iㅡ."

The man laughed, "you're so gullible."

Sana's sighed in despair.

Lee took another sip, "don't get me wrong. I likeㅡ," he cleared his throat, "I was joking. Did you enjoy it at least? We worked hard to put together the workshops."

"Did you prepare this?" Sana asked. She stared at the pint of beer and wondered what she should do with it.

"Of course, you think one person plans it all. We all have to give ideas, test the activities. Gosh, you're naive."