LONDON CALLING

The last day left the couple an odd impression. This time when Lee dropped Sana at the station, there was no holding back on the kisses.

"Call me."

"I will."

Lee waved and waited for Sana to go through customs before leaving. Only when Lee passed the station's door that the feeling of emptiness drooped on his shoulders.

Two hours later, Sana was glad to find her home but quickly found herself submerged by the immensity of her empty house. She threw her bag and herself on the couch.

What was she to do?

She took her computer and looked at SalesForce.

The mid-season sales were coming up, French back-to-school periods were around the corner, without forgetting the year's second inventory.

She would see Lee for a least a month if the man could not come over from the looks of things.

Sana never experienced a long-distance relationship. Thus she didn't know the rules, if there were any.

Sana logged into Facebook instead of torturing herself with questions of who should do what and when concerning their relationship. She posted a new header of Camden market. Her profile picture was old, Sana updated with one of her dressed in white lace as Madonna in Like A Virgin.

Five minutes had not passed when her phone buzzed. Sana hurried to pickup, imagining it was Lee only to sneer at the caller's name.

"Hi."

"Hiya."

Silence part I: Odd Sensation.

"Hello."

"I'm still here, Keela," Sana said as she switched on the loudspeaker and began to empty her backpack.

"If you don't want to talk to me, I can hang up."

Sana sighed, "don't you think I should be the one to moan?"

"We're you in London? I saw the pics. The bangs suit you," Keela quickly rebounded before the conversation turned sore and to her disadvantage.

"Yes, I just got back. Thanks."

Silence part II: Where Do We go From Here?

"You could have called. Why were you over?"

"I went to see Lee."

Silence part III: What Do You Say About That?

There was no point hiding. Neither Lee nor Sana were embarrassed by their ties. Those unhappy just had to accept it or buzz off.

"Are you twoㅡ?"

"Yes, we're dating Keela, and if you want to rant about it, we can stop the conversation here because I don't have a minute to spare for any nonsense."

"He dumped me," Keela interrupted.

Sana rolled her eyes for the first time in years; the woman realized Keela always brought the attention back to herself. Still, Sana played along, "Micheal?"

Yes, Sana was willing to lend an ear. The only difference was this time, her eyes and ears were wide open. Even if the picture her friend painted scorched with drama, Sana would distill and separate the truth from the reds and dark shades.

"He said he still loved his wife, and he recognized it was his fault."

"I hope you don't feel better, Keela, because you're to blame too."

"I know, I know Sana. Please don't make me look more a bitch than I already am."

Sana loaded her washing machine and programmed a color cycle, "what are you going to do now?"