11 PM GMT

Sana covered her legs with her plaid and pulled the plate of mixed nuts towards her. Her Netflix watching sessions weren't what they used to be. Her coffee table looked as though she set it for a bird's pecking session.

The woman tried to respect her diet and the promise she made Keela.

She grabbed the remote ready to zap, when her phone rang with an unearthly tune.

The name displayed on the Teams layout had her blood racing.

Sana ignored it, and the ringing stopped.

The woman shrugged, it was probably an error, but could it occur twice?

Her phone rang again.

Sana debated on whether she should answer or not. The thought of the repercussions of not responding to the man, whose temper was as short as a burning match, panicked her more than holding a semblance of a conversation with him.

"Hello."

"What took you so long?"

The woman tilted her head from side to side as she replied, "I don't know, perhaps because it's midnight in Paris and I'm not at your back and call."

"Ah, getting feisty, I'm not rubbing off on you by any chance, am I?"

Sana swung her eyes to the side, "you are the manna of mindless behavior, Mr.Cook."

"Touché."

"So what owes me this nightly call."

"What are you doing?"

"Excuse me?" Sana sat up.

"I hope you're working."

No, I'm not. It's midnight," Sana answered and slid back down on her sofa.

"That explains everything," the man said.

"I beg your pardon."

Your store results. I bet you're vegging out on the couch in some kitsch pajamas with some deadbeat fictional character ready to watch some Netflix soup like Emily In Paris with some high sugared snacks that have your blood pressure doing the macarena.

Sana looked down at her Bugs Bunny sleeping tee and wondered if the man placed hidden cameras.

The error concerning the snack and the night's stream-it was what stopped Sana's mind from doing overtime.

"What do you want, Lee?"

"You haven't finished next month's schedules?"

"Yes, and I still have time."

"The deadline was yesterday, Ms. Gulati.
Your floor coverage is terrible. Why do you add so many breaks?"

Sana sighed and tilted her head back on the armrest, "I don't have enough staff. The breaks allow me to have the team filling in longer. I need more people, but finance won't give them to me."

"Of course they won't," Lee said as he spun on his desk's seat. "You're not making any money. You won't get anywhere by cutting corners. What does Faris say?"

"I don't see him often."

"That's because he's taking care of the stores making a profit. Take the breaks away, force finance to see the targets are too high, and you guys aren't enough."

"Lee, did you really call me at midnight for this? Why?"

"I was bored."

"So you decided to torment me."

Lee stopped spinning on his seat, "I call it help, but if you prefer."

"I bet you were a bully younger."