→ six

"see, this isn't so bad!" yangyang exclaimed as the group of five sat on the curb in front of mcdonald's with their ice creams in hand

"we literally got kicked out and yelled at by the manager for—" "shh," haechan hushed whilst pushing a finger towards sungchan's lips. "the past is the past."

with the roll of his eyes, jeno shoved his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone. he wasn't expecting to have multiple notifications from a particular brunette.

honestly, jeno would be lying if he said the messages didn't make him crack a grin

he wasn't sure why, considering he wasn't that fond or close to the girl. however, just seeing her contact name in his phone sent small shocks through his veins.

reading over the messages, the blue-haired boy felt someone's presence and glanced over his shoulder to investigate. jeno released a short, startled gasp when he came face to face with mark lee, who was looking down at the younger's phone.

"who's sejin?" he asked innocently, and jeno was quick to flip his phone over in his lap. "no one. just a friend of my sister's."

mark nodded his head before dropping it so that his chin was on the blue-haired boy's shoulder. "sorry for eavesdropping. i was just trying to check the time."

"it's fine," jeno gently ruffled his blue bangs with his hand. "i don't mind."

the two boys turned to the right when they heard ruffling sounds as yangyang and haechan suddenly started play wrestling on the curb. sungchan looked up at the elders with an awkward smile that made mark laugh.

shaking his head, jeno faced the older boy once again with a short sigh. "i should probably get going—"

"what?!"

both yangyang and hyuck stopped fighting and looked up at the blue-haired boy from their tangled positions. "what do you mean??" "it's only been, like, twenty minutes!"

jeno shrugged as he stood. "yeah, but i have to pick my sister up from her friend's house."

the two younger boys pulled away from each other as they straightened and stood. "come onnn, can't your mom do it? we're having fun!"