→ thirty-seven

the rather large group was seated outside where the staff pushed two tables together to make one that fit all the students

the rather large group was seated outside where the staff pushed two tables together to make one that fit all the students. laughter surrounded them, despite their differences and opinions on the game just hours ago.

jeno had his arm casually tossed around hyerim's shoulders, which rose and fell rhythmically as she laughed at something one of the others said.

there were so many people that it was hard for the blue-haired boy to focus on one conversation. so instead, he diverted his attention towards his stunning girlfriend, laughing when she did and nodding along with everything she said.

"he's so whipped," someone whispered, out of earshot to the young couple. seungmin grinned subtly, nodding in agreement at violet's observations.

to the side of them were chenle and felix, who were nudging each other with their elbows as they fought over the last fry. it wasn't until chenle elbowed the australian a bit too hard that the fight was over, the younger apologizing profusely after drawing a wince from him.

hyerim suddenly faced her boyfriend, a knowing look in her eye as one of her brow's rose at a slow pace. "what's on your mind?"

jeno failed to fight the heated blush creeping up his neck, settling in and burning his cheeks. "you." he responded, voice surprisingly shameless despite his flustered appearance.

the brunette beamed, her insides melting at the cheesy answer. "so romantic," hyerim drawled, subtly inching closer to the blue-haired boy. her head dropped to the side, falling perfectly between jeno's neck and shoulder and earning herself a deep chuckle in response.

it was her turn to watch the group she'd grown to love, sighing in content as her boyfriend began tracing soothing patterns into her lower back.

"my mom said she's never throwing a party again." haechan's loud voice rang in the brunette's ears, and she slowly twisted her head on jeno's shoulder to more properly face the golden-haired hockey player. "you guys are animals."

a giggle bubbled from hyerim's throat, slipping past her teeth rather elegantly. "dang, a party and i didn't even get to go."

the boy faced her way, his eyes widening momentarily before pinching shut at the younger's cuteness. "aww, rim, you're the exception! everyone else? banned. jail. canceled."

hyerim laughed at that, her head nearly slipping off of jeno's shoulder if not for his hand holding her steady. she leaned forward, annoyingly ruffling haechan's hair and earning a high-pitched screech from the boy.

"alright, okay." a new voice chimed, slender, yet gentle fingers wrapping themselves around the brunette's wrist. his other hand around her waist tightened ever so slightly, and hyerim faced her boyfriend in response, eyeing his lips teasingly.