→ twenty-eight

"and then he dropped me off and left

"and then he dropped me off and left." hyerim finished explaining her movie night with the lee siblings to her friends since mr. hong let the class have a study day (aka free day).

felix raised a brow, narrowed eyes darting between the brunette's chocolate orbs. "are you sure that's all that happened?" the girl rolled her eyes, trying her very best to fight the warmth creeping up her neck. "yes, i'm positive."

the boy hummed and stroked his chin, "you know, i was a detective in my previous life—ow!" hyerim flashed soobin a grin as the australian glared at him. "it's true..."

"e-excuse me?"

once again, the group of four all looked up at the new voice, this once much softer than the snark the day before. hyerim flashed a smile when her eyes fell on the timidly scrunched girl before her.

she took a steady breath, cheeks flushing pink under the intimidated gaze of the boys in front of her. they all recognized her from the day before; she'd been standing at the back of seoyeon's little posse of plastic.

"you're hyerim, right? jeno's soulmate?" there wasn't a doubt in the brunette's mind that felix and soobin were glaring at the girl, but she only found her adorably innocent.

"i am. sorry, i don't think i know your name?" she kept her voice soft and kind, not wanting to make the girl uncomfortable like the other three were. well, two—seungmin didn't seem the least bit interested.

hyerim watched as the girl kept her eyes on the piece of ebony hair she twirled between both hands. "oh, sorry. i'm violet hwang."

as the soft-spoken girl stated her name, the brunette could have sworn she saw seungmin's finger twitch around his pencil. he stayed silent and hyerim chose to ignore it, smiling up at the girl once again.

"do you wanna sit with us? you're in this class, right?" violet smiled shyly and nodded. the brunette instantly moved her papers and other items over to make room for the new ravenette to sit.

once she was settled, violet pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and guiltily looked up at hyerim. "i... i actually came to apologize... for yesterday."

when the brunette tipped her head in confusion, the girl continued. "i-i should have said something. i wanted to, but i didn't want seoyeon to get upset at me..."

hyerim glanced up at the table where seoyeon and her group sat, choosing to ignore the way the girls were glaring at poor violet. deciding not to push, the brunette straightened her shoulders and beamed at the girl beside her.