→ thirty-six

screaming filled the gymnasium so quick that hyerim flinched, instinctively reaching out for and grabbing the hand belonging to the person beside her, who just so happened to be dalia

the beautiful woman smiled sweetly as she glanced between the girl beside her and the tight grip on her hand, gently ushering the brunette to her feet as she continued holding her hand. soon the nervous panic turned into adrenaline, and hyerim let out a loud cheer as she began jumping in joy.

"that's my boyfriend! that's my soulmate!" the giddy girl screamed when jeno appeared on the rather cheap screen above the ring. his expression beamed pride, eyes sparkling though they were squinted due to his huge smile.

hyerim's chest felt warm at the sight, and it became clear by the way he feverishly scanned the crowd that he was looking for her as well. the blue-haired victor wanted nothing more than to run into the stands and hug his clumsy soulmate, but he couldn't leave the ice without shaking hands with the opponents.

"oh, don't be so smug." jeno heard a deeper voice scoff, and turned his head until spotting the dragon's coach, jaehyun, hugging their coach sicheng. "don't be a sore loser!"

furrowing his brows in confusion, the captain decided to shrug his shoulders and move away from the strange friendship. what he didn't realize was that he accidentally moved right into the direction of another player.

lifting his head to apologize, jeno tensed when his gaze fell on zhong chenle. he scowled, but the younger only raised a brow and smirked. "good game. you're better than i'd like to admit."

rather than displaying his utter shock at the boy's words, jeno returned the expression and folded his arms over his chest. "finding your soulmate made you soft, didn't it?" chenle shrugged, "in a sense... i enjoy it."

the blue-haired boy nodded his head, a genuine smile peeking through the smirk. "you're lucky it's felix. if hyerim didn't beg me not to, i would have fucking killed you for that stunt you pulled." his voice wasn't threatening in the least, but the dragon still gulped.

as the older of the two was going to rub the younger's head, a familiar face caught his eye.

a small smirk appeared on the other's lips when their eyes met, and jeno internally scoffed when the boy lowered his head after cocking a brow. chenle followed the blue-haired opponent's gaze, deciding to sneak away when he spotted his relatively newer teammate staring back.

"you played really well, jen."

jeno's heart ached a bit, but a smile still rolled up his face. "yeah, you too, jaem."