→ ten

"if you're not on the ice in ten seconds, i'm making you run sprints with the football team!"

multiple groans were heard throughout the hockey team at their coach's words. since jeno was feeling better and hated being sick, he pushed himself up off the bench and grabbed his hockey stick.

"dude, shouldn't you be, like, sitting down?" unlike the blue-haired boy, yangyang and haechan were taking full advantage of their food poisoning and laid sprawled out over the benches.

jeno looked back at the duo, who were peacefully sipping the hot chocolate mark and sungchan bought for them. "no, i feel fine. plus, i need to practice."

"except you don't. you're already the best player, why not give some of the others a chance to shine?"

the elder rolled his eyes, unwilling to back down and rest. "we have games soon. don't you want to win?" yang and haechan shared a look with each other before facing jeno with rather bored, hesitant expressions.

"meh, not really. i mean, a win would be great, but i'm not gonna actually exhaust myself over a hobby like hoc—"

"number 66! i need you out here."

"—yes, cutie!" the boy with golden hair didn't hesitate to jump up and skate over to sicheng and the rest of the team.

jeno sighed, "i wonder how his soulmate feels about his love for the coach." yangyang shook his head. "forget his soulmate. i wanna see yuta beat him up for making heart eyes at his man."

small smiles passed over both boy's faces as they imagined the coach's husband punching their teammate in the face.

"23! 24! quit daydreaming and get your asses on the ice!"

── 🩹 ──

hyerim was thankful her mom let her stay home the next day. she was still a bit sore and assumed maybe her soulmate would take a sick day as well, but according to her three spies (the musketeers), everyone was present in their classes. maybe he doesn't go to my school? the brunette shook her head, sitting up to take a sip of water.

what i am supposed to do here by myself? she questioned, instantly growing bored of the silence surrounding her.

hyerim wasn't sure why, but her mind suddenly drifted to gaon and her brother. he was a hockey player, right? she wondered if she should attend a game one day to show her school spirit, or whatever it was called.

the younger lee would definitely be there, which meant sejin would also want to go. the girl with wavy hair decided to leave it to fate. if her mom was busy, she'd go with her brother. if not, she'd stay home playing video games with her friends.