→ fifteen

"my

"my... i think my soulmate is here."

before soobin could think of a response, the brunette swung her legs off the bed, ignoring the numbing pins and needles shooting through her legs as she stumbled her way towards the door.

on the other side of the building, the half-asleep boy with blue hair inhaled sharply. the same moment hyerim shot up, jeno's eyes snapped wide open and he reached out to grab the bed rail for stability.

his body felt like it was being submerged in a warmed bath, the heat forcing sweat to run down his neck. it burned, but it didn't hurt. if anything, it was almost... calming.

"jeno?" he heard the woman next to him mumble sleepily, and only when he looked her way did he realize that it was his mother. "go back to sleep, mom."

jeno watched as she tucked her head back onto her folded arms. he waited until the quiet breathing returned to remove the iv in his arm.

something in the back of his mind was screaming at him to move, to go.

so he did.

the warm feeling in his chest grew hotter as he reached the door, and the blue-haired boy felt like he was in a children's game. hotter means closer. cooler means further.

an idea passed through jeno's mind, and he hesitantly crouched to the ground. the closer he got, the warmer his chest felt.

she's on a floor below me.

standing back up, the boy tiptoed down the person-less hall, stopping when he reached the main desk greeting the floor and guarding two elevators coveted in pamphlets and single sheets of poster paper.

peeking his head around the corner, jeno spotted a woman in light colored scrubs facing his way as she flipped through a paper-filled clipboard. the boy waited until she turned her back to sprint for the open, empty elevator.

jeno pushed himself against one of the sides and pressed the button labeled '2'. considering his position on the 6th floor, the boy decided to start low and work his way up.

the instantly the metal box began moving, jeno felt his pulse speed up. his mind kept chanting closer, closer, closer, with every breath he took. the blue-haired boy's body was practically vibrating, and he counted three seconds before the feeling struck.

while on bed rest after getting stitched up, jeno decided to do more soulmate research. apparently, when both partners were vulnerable and/or desperate to meet, their bodies would give off clues as to when they were close or far.

judging by the sudden monumental amount of electricity that shot through him, she just passed by.

in the lonely second elevator, pulling her now bruising fist from the wall, was a vulnerable and desperate shin hyerim. when the wave of sparks burst through her veins, the brunette felt as if the led lights surrounding her were getting brighter, forcing her to squint.