→ thirty-five

game day

game day.

hyerim watched as jeno took a deep breath, running both hands over his nape. she tipped her head to the side, scanning the sections around her to spot any wandering eyes before jumping out of her seat and dashing down the steps.

she'd gotten there early this time to save seats for herself and her friends, but right now all she wanted to do was calm the stressed blue-haired boy down.

"jeno!" she called, pressing both hands against the closed plastic door to stop herself from crashing into it. his head shot up, posture straightening as a small grin tugged at the sides of his lips. "rim,"

not wasting any more time, the boy approached the clear door and opened it, the brunette instantly leaping into his arms. she tightened her grip, nuzzling her face into him as she whispered sweet nothings. "don't be nervous, okay? you're going to do amazing, whether you guys win or not. i'm proud of you."

hyerim could feel him nodding against her head as he gave her waist a gentle squeeze. "i know. it'll be fine."

"it will be!" she assured, cupping his face softly as she pulled away to look at him, a glowing smile on her lips. caught staring at her smile, jeno let out a silent gasp when the lips he'd been admiring were pressed against his.

the boy let his eyes drift shut as he pulled hyerim closer, his arms securely holding her so she didn't accidentally trip or bump something. the brunette found herself giggling into the kiss, feeling like it'd been forever since their last. they pulled apart, his arms still around her waist as the soulmates laughed together.

"why are you laughing?" jeno asked through his own chuckles, forehead falling against hyerim's as she shrugged. "i don't know... i've missed doing that."

she tipped her head, eyes almost rolling playfully before speaking. "think of it as a good luck kiss?" she offered in a light-hearted manner.

jeno laughed, giving his girlfriend one last hug before beckoning her off of the ice. "okay, okay, it's starting soon." hyerim pouted, not wanting to let go of her boyfriend's hand. "it's not."

"it is."

"is not."

"is too."

"is—" a hushed shout caused the brunette to stop, her gaze slowly drifting to the side. when she spotted a very upset-looking pink-haired player, her interest was suddenly lost in the playful banter.

"you're right, it is. good luck, jen!"

the boy opened his mouth to say something else, but hyerim had already spun away. jeno's shoulders drooped a bit as he twisted towards the ice.