→ eight

never again is jeno going anywhere with liu yangyang

after the group got ice cream, the german boy convinced the others to beg their captain to stop off for more treats.

low and behold, the team ended up at a sketchy drive-thru that yangyang assured was "like, super good". it wasn't good going down, and it was even worse coming back up.

jeno couldn't even try getting ready for school. he spent the entire morning hugging his toilet, head laying against the cold tiles on the bathroom wall.

it made him feel a little better knowing that both liu yangyang and lee haechan were in the same position as he was. at least mark and sungchan were fine.

another wave of nausea crashed into the boy, but his stomach was already empty from the prior hours of torture. the pain in his throat and stomach reminded him of his soulmate, and he suddenly felt even worse. yes, he often complained about the paper cuts and whatnot, but she didn't deserve to feel sick like this.

running a hand through his damp locks, jeno stood and made his way towards the sink. filling a paper cup with water, the boy swished the liquid around his mouth before spitting it in the sink and glancing up at his reflection.

the circles around his eyes looked darker than usual, and it made jeno sigh. coach sicheng was constantly drilling them on getting enough sleep, but it just didn't come easily to the blue-haired boy.

dropping his head, the boy's gaze flicked up to his collar when a dull glint caught his eye. the loose shirt hung off his frame enough to expose his collarbones and the top of his chest when he was hunched over.

reaching over his shoulder to grab the back of his shirt, jeno swiftly pulled the entire thing so that his top was now bare. he didn't give his toned chest a second glance before straightening to lean closer to the reflective glass above his sink.

jeno raised a steady hand above the golden mark tattooed just below his left collarbone. he was born with it, but his parents barely noticed it until the first morning of october. they claimed it lit up the creation of a star. jeno was always curious about the date—as if it appeared on some special day, but he didn't know anyone born on october 1st.

releasing a tired sigh, the boy dropped his hand back on the counter. there was no doubt that it was pretty, but jeno tried not to pay attention to it.

it's not that he didn't agree with the soulmate system, but was going through all the pain worth it? maybe it was because he'd never felt the love of his soulmate, but the blue-haired boy didn't think so.