Phone call

Katsuki kissed the four year old's head as he held his hand out to knock on the apartment door before him, his sleeping pup held protectively to his body while he waited anxiously for Izuku to answer. When the small Omega opened the door, the freckled boy's cheeks turned a soft shade of pink, stepping aside to allow Katsuki to walk in. Carefully, Katsuki laid the little girl down on the couch, placing her belongings down and turning towards the greenette with a smirk. Izuku's heart began to race faster the longer he maintained eye contact with the man, swallowing hard and turning his face away shyly. "Deku," he started softly, moving forward and reaching a hand towards the scarf wrapped around his neck, hiding the one thing he wanted to see. The Omega realized what he was doing, taking a nervous step back and clutching his small hands to his chest. The blond opened his mouth to speak again, before glancing back at their daughter on the sofa, grabbing Izuku's wrist and pulling him towards the nearest room, which just so happened to be the greenette's room.

The smaller of the two anxiously scratched the back of his neck, the red eyed man leaning against the now closed door with a concentrated stare. "Kacchan..." Izuku breathed, the name rolling off his tongue surprisingly easy. Too easy. He missed calling him that. But, surely it was too soon, he thought momentarily. "What's wrong?"

The pro wet his lips, digging his hands into his pockets with a warm smile at the mention of the childhood nickname, chuckling softly. "So, you're wearing it?" He said with a light laugh, letting himself look over the Omega's features. Izuku had developed more freckles since high school, the dark spots now almost completely covering the bridge of his nose instead of just on his chubby cheeks.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." Izuku tried to reason, silently cursing himself for letting Katsumi know about it at all. She had always been a blabber.

Katsuki offered a lopsided smile at his attempts, stepping forward and playfully snatching the white scarf from his neck. "Oh really?" He tossed it to the ground, caging the Omega in and hugging him tightly, fingers tracing over the leather with pride bubbling up in his chest. "You look good in leather," he quipped, the greenette flushing a bright red. One of Katsuki's hands stayed locked at his hips, a husky growl flooding past his lips as he teased the younger male.

"Shut up, you bastard!" He slapped his arm at the dirty joke, laying his head on his chest with a soft sigh. "I should have told you when I put it on... but I wasn't ready..." Izuku breathed, shaking his head and stepping back. "Don't get any ideas, Kacchan. I'm still angry at you, but... You deserve a second chance." The Omega admitted sheepishly, sitting down on his bed and patting the space next to him, pulling his knees up to his chest and allowing a small smile to tug at his pink lips. Katsuki happily took the opportunity, plopping onto the bed and silently staring at the latter with awe filled eyes. "You know, you're her favorite hero. She never stops talking about you."

"Really?" The Alpha chuckled softly, leaning back on the palms of his hands as Izuku nodded in confirmation. "She didn't want to come home today... Do you think I can get her next weekend, too?" The blond asked softly, reaching over to play with one of his messy curls absentmindedly.

"Sure," Izuku said gently. "You two should be getting closer, anyways." The two began talking about random things, the hero's eyes never leaving the sleek collar adorning the tiny male's perfect neck. The thought of one day leaving his mark there had the man nearly purring, before shaking the very idea away. The sound of his work phone beeping in his pocket had him audibly groaning, fishing it out of his pocket with an annoyed growl. "What is it?" Izuku questioned in concern, the growl making his heart begin to pound rapidly in his chest.

"Work... They need me, there was a villain attack and they need backup..." Katsuki sighed, shoving the phone back into his pocket and standing up, looking at Izuku for a few moments without saying anything.

"Oh.. Okay. See you later, Kacchan." Izuku said softly, smiling awkwardly and standing to walk him out.

"Do you want me to come back after it's resolved?" Katsuki offered, secretly hoping he would say yes.

"No, no. I'll probably just put Katsu to bed and do some cleaning..." The Omega offered a grin, slipping one of his hands into his back pocket and opening the door, leading the blond Alpha to the front door.

"I'll call you," the blond whispered while he grabbed the freckled male's warm hand, not wanting to wake up the little girl on the couch and leaning in to press a soft kiss to Izuku's scarred knuckles. "Bye," he smiled, walking out with a quickened pace. He couldn't stall any longer. It was his job to save and protect the people, after all.

"Stay safe..." The greenette sighed, knowing the Alpha was already out of earshot, shutting the door and slumping onto the couch next to his daughter, letting out a soft breath and reaching a hand over to move the hair out of her angelic face. He sweetly picked her up, cradling the sleeping blonde close to his chest and nuzzling his face against her cheek with a soft grin, walking into her room and slowly placing her down in her bed. Izuku tucked her in, sitting beside the bed and watching the steady rise and fall of her chest mindlessly. The man reluctantly stood after a few minutes, walking into his personal bathroom and stripping before running himself a bath. He sunk down into the warm water with a low breath, letting his eyes shut while his body relaxed.

.
.
.

The sound of a consistent ringing had Izuku groaning, eyes fluttering open to look about the dark room in search of the noise. He rolled over in bed lazily, blindly grabbing his phone from the other side of the bed as he checked who was calling him. The Omega blinked repeatedly at the harsh light invading his vision, clicking accept and holding the device up to his head with a groggy, "Hello?" Only then realizing it was Mitsuki. "Auntie, what's wrong? It's midnight..." he said sleepily, wiping the tiredness from his eyes.

"Izuku... It's Katsuki... he's in the hospital..."

___________________________________

Oops! 😌 I'm not sorry at all for the cliffhanger! Stay healthy and beautiful my little pups!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!

1125 words