Old Friends

Izuku sighed happily as his little girl bounced on his lap in excitement, small hands balled into tiny fists as she stared expectantly at the tv screen. The Omega smiled, combing through her blond locks softly as they waited, the child quickly growing impatient. "Momma, where's Zero?" She pouted, turning her head to look up at her dam with big puppy eyes. The greenette shook his head in amusement, slender fingers reaching to poke one of her chubby cheeks. She closed one eye with a tickled laugh, letting the Omega continue braiding her hair.

"He'll be on soon, baby. He's a busy man, after all." Izuku chuckled with a sad smile, working her hair into two twin braids, watching as the screen flickered from the news anchor to an orange and black screen. He looked away, tears threatening to fall. Of course his daughter would be obsessed with the one person who he didn't want to see. The toddler squealed in delight, clapping her hands as her big green eyes sparkled, practically on the edge of her seat. Izuku looked up, biting his lip and staring in awe at the Alpha on screen, hands falling into his lap as the child moved over to sit next to him.

"Mr.Ground Zero, can you explain the events of today's villain attack?" The reporter asked, holding the microphone up to her lips before moving it over to the pro hero. Ground Zero was the number two hero in Japan. He graduated from U.A. Academy only four years before, having climbed the social ladder and made it to the top faster than anyone else had before, setting a new world record. He was a hit since the moment he stepped foot into U.A.'s gates. The greenette sighed, watching as the hero grabbed the mic. He's changed a lot since the last time he saw him in person. His arms had filled out, now visibly bulging with muscles. He had grown taller, too. Before the Omega had left, Katsuki only stood to roughly five foot, eleven inches. Now, however, the man was nearing seven foot, his Alphan nature surely playing a large role in his sudden growth spurts.

"Well," Katsuki started with a gruff sigh, "A small gang of villains attacked one of the main hospitals here in Musutafu in an attempt to prevent citizens from getting health care. While we managed to stop and contain them with little damage to the hospital, one escaped. We believe that there may be a larger organization than just the few that we have fought today." The Alpha spoke, staring into the camera. "Try to stay safe. They will probably go after public buildings such as schools and stores. Be careful," he grunted, handing the woman back the mic and walking away to help with some of the injured civilians without giving the lady a chance to ask anymore questions.

"Momma! Momma! Zero stopped the bad guys!" She said in absolute awe, the four year old jumping up off the couch and starting to run around the apartment. "I'm gonna be just like Zero!" She gave a big smile, holding her favorite doll close.

"I bet you will..." Izuku said softly, standing from his spot and walking into the kitchen to cook her breakfast. "Are you ready for school, baby?" He asked as he started the pancakes, the little girl stopping in her tracks to look down at her outfit.

"Yep!" She cheered happily, grabbing her backpack and tossing it onto the sofa before running into the kitchen to help her mother cook. "Can I pick my lunch, momma?" She asked hopefully.

"I suppose, Katsumi." The Omega chuckled, reaching over to pat her head, careful not to mess up her hair. Izuku plated the pancakes and set them at the table, the blond little girl climbing into the chair to dig in. "Slow down," he said gently, sitting across from her. He made himself a plate even though he wasn't hungry, picking up his fork and twirling it in his hand. "Do you think your quirk will be coming in soon?" He smirked at her, having a pretty good idea what it would be, the little girl vigorously nodding her head in confirmation with a mouth full of pancakes.

"I'm gonna have a quirk like Zero so that I can help people!" She smiled, taking a long sip of her milk. When she finished her food, Izuku grabbed his keys, herding her out the door and leading her to the car, laughing at her rambunctious behavior. She was definitely an energetic kid, just like her father.

.
.
.

"Have a good day at school, sweetheart," he cooed at his pup, kissing the top of her head before he was standing, watching her run off to meet with her friends. He smiled, turning around and practically coming face to face with a pro. "Oh, sorry-!" He apologized, the man turning to look at him.

"Midoriya?" Izuku looked up at his face, gasping and jumping into his arms, smiling brightly. "I haven't seen you since high school, what happened to you?"

"Shinsou! I'm so happy to see you!" Izuku giggled, purposefully ignoring his question. The purple haired Alpha slowly wrapped his arms around the greenette, hooking them at his waist and pulling him in closer, basking in the presence of his old friend. They just stood there for a while, embracing each other tightly and smiling to themselves. "What are you doing here?" The freckled make asked, gently fixing his hair where he had messed it up. The hero raised a brow in question at the nurturing act, before the tiny boy was stuttering out an apology. "Sorry, that's just instincts..." Izuku blushed softly.

"I'm on patrol in this area," he informed the Omega, eyes focused on his body. "You look good..." he mumbled, the greenette blushing with a small, embarrassed grin. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh- I'm just dropping off my kid," Izuku chuckled, fingers toying with the sleeves of his baby pink sweater. It was good to see a familiar face nowadays, he didn't have many friends anymore.

"Midoriya, you're mated?" Shinsou asked in confusion, glancing down to his neck.

"N-no!" Izuku was quick to answer. "It... was an accident... When I left..." the boy said with a sad sigh, carding his hand through his green locks. "I should go... Can we get coffee sometime?" The green haired Omega asked hopefully, a chirp of happiness escaping his lips when the man nodded. He handed the pro his phone, letting him put in his number before doing the same with his phone. "See you soon, Shinsou!" He giggled, walking off to his car. The purple haired male watched leave, adjusting his scarf and turning to continue his patrol.

"Hey, purple haired freak! Wait up!" A gruff voice called after him, the blond running to his side with a cup of coffee in his hand. The other hero hummed, continuing to walk as Katsuki sniffed the air, a low growl escaping his lips, going unheard by the purple haired pro. Izuku had been there. He inhaled deeply, breathing in that amazing scent that he had been longing for since Izuku had disappeared. Why was the Omega here of all places? Why were the pheromones covering his partner? He shook his head, taking a long sip of his drink, ignoring the slight burn as he tried his best not to focus on the smell despite the need to follow the trail to his Omega.

.
.
.

Izuku sighed as he fell backwards onto his bed, blindly reaching for his remote to turn on the tv. He hid his face in his pillow, only barely listening to the program. "A villain has just attacked Hikari preschool! Heroes Ground Zero and Brainwash are already on the scene!" Izuku's eyes shot open, a growl escaping his lips as he sat up, staring at the tv to see his daughter's school being attacked.

"Katsumi..."

___________________________

I hope you enjoyed this! Stay healthy and beautiful my little pups!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!

1349 words