Chapter 3: Confusing Feelings

Mr. Kruger's POV
Something is changing within me. My hatred for Marley? No. That wasn't it. I still wanted to destroy this awful city. I crave the revenge I have wanted since I was a child. Maybe it was the girl. She showed compassion to you. A Marlean. Actually, she was an Eldian, like yourself. She is beautiful, compassionate, and strong. She could be stronger. I am planning on training her to fight once my 'injured soldier' facade is over. Although she is sweet, nothing will stop me from fulfilling my destiny. To destroy Marley.

I kept thinking to myself as I walked toward the Warrior Unit. Making friends with the Marleans would only further their trust in me. I do not want any suspicions before the attack we are planning. This Marlean was special, though.

As I approach the Warrior Unit, I notice a brutally beaten person. I was not fazed, until I realized who that person was.

"Who hurt you?" I repeated. No. Demanded. This is the hardest I have ever tried to keep my Titan at bay. I could feel him clawing to escape. My eyes were staring to glow. I wanted to kill whoever hurt innocent y/n.

"It's not what you think. It wasn't one of my peers."

Her sentence was barely a whisper. She was hanging onto consciousness by a thread. Then she collapsed into my arms. Half of her face had a large cut on it, and her shirt was soaked in blood. Her grey eyes gleamed in the sunset, tears streaming from them.

"If you do not tell me who did this to you right now I will rip this whole city to shreds."

I do not know what has gotten over me. How could a girl have such an emotional effect on me like this? I did not have time for a self analysis. She was choking on her own blood at this point. I took off my shirt and ripped it into pieces to stop the bleeding from her wounds. I lifted her shirt to see the damage. There were three huge gashes on her back, two on her torso, and one big gash on the side of her face. Her eyes fluttered shut.

"Stay with me." I demanded.

I picked her up and took her to my dingy apartment to properly tend to her wounds.

My Titan was urging to come out. To wrap my whole Titan body around hers, protecting her from every evil person in this damn city. Her compassion warmed my heart. My entire life has been filled with people that have been cold and rough toward me. She reminded me a lot of myself. She's a skilled fighter, she shows love to others that do not necessarily deserve it, and she has been tormented all of her life for something she cannot change. Plus, she is an Eldian, like me.

I laid her down on my cot while I wrapped her wounds with the bandages I bought for my 'injured soldier' facade. I put on special ointment that I sometimes use for a faster recovery. She slept from the immense pain she was in. I used this time to really look at her. Her shoulder length hair cascaded down the side of her face. Her full lips were parted, with the dim lights illuminating her soft skin. God, was she beautiful. She really was special.

After a few hours of trying not to transform into my Titan, her eyes opened.

"Mr. Kruger?" She stammered.