Chapter 36: Emotions

You were running as fast as you could. Not running from him, but from all of the emotions.

The hate, the sorrow, the love. You still loved him and it was disgusting. You hated how he could make you feel like that after what he did. You were running from yourself.

So you ran. For a while. You did not tire easily. However, your wounds ripped open and now the rain hitting them openly was a pain so horrific you wanted to stop. You wanted so bad to just seek shelter and forget everything. To go back to the way things used to be, when you were ignorant. In that little apartment, it was just you and him. But what would be even more horrific is to forgive Eren.

Two hours passed, then three. Was he chasing you? You couldn't tell. The rain was too thick. Your legs started to exhaust.

You then slipped on the mud underneath your feet. You tumbled until you slammed into the base of a large tree. You just laid there, exhausted and dripping from the relentless rain. You closed your eyes.

You felt the ground beneath you tremble.

Eren.

The relief from knowing he was coming overwhelmed you. You knew he transformed to save you. You can stop trying so hard now.

Stop. Remember what he did.

You didn't care right now. You were too exhausted to. You opened your eyes to see a large titan flailing it's arms rapidly while approaching you. Not the Attack Titan.

You quickly arose to your feet and climbed up the tree. Your trainers have prepared you for this. Regardless of your training, you were in no shape to protect yourself.

The titan roared as it neared you now. Its smile would be printed into your mind for the rest of your life.

Your arms exhausted you. You could not climb any longer. You rested on the branch and accepted this fate. I deserve to die.

The titan picked you up, and put you over its mouth. You screamed at the horror, with tears streaming down your face.

"Eren." You whispered shakily. The last thing you said to him was that you hated him. Your heart ached.

Just then, you fell. Not into the titan's mouth, but onto the mud 8 meters below. Your leg cracked, and you screamed in agony.

You looked up to see the Attack Titan ripping the other titan's head off, pinning it down to the ground. Then it's arms, and then it's legs. Eren roared in its face, so loud it shook you.

You had known what happened. Eren shoved the titan before you fell into its mouth. You looked at your leg to see the exposed bone protruding outside of your skin.

You screamed in agony again.

Eren approached you now, with blood from the other titan covering him. His eyes were intense as they trailed over your leg. When will he shift back into a human?

He put his head right next to your face. You held it and kissed his titan's cheek. His head was as big as your entire body.

"You did terrible things, Eren."

You cried while the rain relentlessly poured. He took his finger and caressed your head.

He got up shortly after and escaped from his titan form.