Chapter 5: Intrusive Thoughts

Mr. Kruger's POV

Her father did this to her. My Titan was throbbing underneath my flesh as she slept on my cot. I wanted nothing more than to unleash my Titan on this town right now. But I had to be patient. The time is not right yet. What kind of father does this? All for staying out a few minutes late. This is all of my fault. I should not be getting this close to a Marlean villager, special or not. My protective feelings toward her are making this plan dangerous. I cannot abandon my plan.

You won't. Your desire to kill these people will always be greater than your emotions toward one foolish girl. My intrusive thoughts startled
me. But they were right. Nothing could make me stop what I have been planning for years now. These growing feelings will only make it harder to actually do it. One thing is certain, her father will die the night I unleash myself to the world.

. . .

Y/N POV

You woke up in total darkness. You do not know what hour, or even what day it is. Everything seems like a blur. Until it all hit you at once.

You're in his home.

A feeling of comfort overcame you. You reached around for a light switch near the bed, and flicked it on. Mr. Kruger was no where to be seen. There was a note taped to the fridge in the corner. You tried to get up and winced, but the pain was not nearly as excruciating as before. With some effort, you manage to get on your feet and read the note.

I will be back before noon. Shower and apply the cream to your cuts. There are clean clothes under the bed.
- Mr. Kruger

Short and sweet. Well, alright. You did not have a clock, and windows in this closet of an apartment were nonexistent. You take off your bloody clothes and enter the small shower. You watched the blood go down the drain. You cleaned yourself with the only bar of soap.

After that, you hear the front door open and close.

"Y/n, are you okay?" She recognized the calm, deep voice.

"Yes Mr. Kruger. I am almost done!" You were hearing him putting down heavy things and opening the fridge. He went to get food. When you were done with your shower, you wrapped the only towel—a small one at that— around you as you left the bathroom to retrieve the clothes under the bed. The towel was just long enough to barely cover your backside and chest. As you entered the main area, you could feel Mr. Kruger's eyes on you. You felt your face get hot.

"Let me see how your wounds are healing". He walked over to you. God, he is tall. You thought as he towered over you to look at the cut on your face. All of your wounds were beginning to scab up, as you noticed in the mirror before your shower.

"The cream really did help." You said.

"That, and the fact that you have been out cold for the past three days."

Three days. Holy shit.

"Wait. Did you say three days? Do you understand what this means?" You could feel like panic and anger bubble inside of you. How could he allow you to stay here so long when you made it clear how difficult it will be to explain this to your family?

"I am going to get new wounds to replace the healed ones." You realized with shock.

"You will do no such thing". He said cooly, still examining your cuts. His fingers grazed the areas, making goosebumps arise all over your body. The areas were still very sensitive. You felt your face get hot again. You push him away.

"I have a plan. Can you just trust me on this?"

"You really do not get it do you? These kinds of things do not go unpunished. They could kill me for this. Being 15 minutes late is one thing. Being away for 3 days. I am a dead girl walking." You were raising your voice at this point.

He walked toward you until your back was against the wall. You tried to push him away again, but it was no use. His strength was unsurprising. He got wet from the shower dew on your body. His white shirt became see through, revealing large biceps and chest.

"You are not going back there until you are properly trained." He breathed, inches away from your face. You could feel his anger radiating from his body. Your towel was becoming loose. He took his hands and tightened it for you.

"I will not allow anyone to touch you like that again. You are too sweet to be hurt in any way. Just looking at the cuts on your face infuriates me." He admitted, looking away.

"You can't just keep me here!" You slam your fists on his chest. He picks you up with one swift motion and lays you on the bed.

"I am not doing that. You need to rest. This stress is not good for your healing." He says as he takes the large shirt from under the bed and puts it on you, over your towel. He takes the large sweatpants from under the bed and pulls them on you, under the towel. His hands graze your waist for a second before retreating to the bathroom with the towel in his hand. This makes a fire inside of you ignite. You do not know what to make of this feeling.

You are too weak to get up again. He is enraging you. Who does he think he is to boss you around like this? He is just being protective, a nicer part of you thinks. He takes off his wet shirt and starts preparing noodles. You notice his wide back, his muscles protruding out of him. You don't remember him having such bulk.

As his back is turned, you smell your new shirt. It smells just like him, a mix between pine and the soap you used in the shower.

"We start training tomorrow. I want to teach you everything I know about combat. That way I can have some ease of mind when you aren't with me".

He was extremely protective of you. You realize that he is probably just like that with all of his friends. You try to rationalize these things, because you have never felt special in your entire life. These feelings were foreign to you.

"Wanna eat?" He handed you a hot bowl of noodles.