Chapter 45: Medical Help

Eren's POV

I can barely hear her heartbeat. What used to sound like drums to my ears now sounded like a murmuring background noise. Something I always listened for, my favorite sound, was now slowly fading away. I looked at her in the palm in my hand, unconscious and fragile. This only makes me run faster.

She will die.

The ancient thing inside of me spoke. I roared, speeding past the trees. Paradise would be coming up pretty quick.

I had already made up my mind of what to do if she dies. Everything would perish into nothing. The Marleans for purposefully making my people titans, and my people for being able to become titans. I looked down at her and saw her dark, long eyelashes over her eyes. My heart burned. I did not want to destroy the world. But it would be a necessity.

Paradise was coming up quick. I began to see the wall. I kept running toward it. I roared, signaling that I was home. The gates began to open as I rushed inside. I turned into my human form, carrying y/n in my arms.

"Someone help her! She is of royal blood. We cannot afford to let her die!"

Medics began rushing toward the person whose life determined the fate of the world. I had to remember that the last time my people saw me, they knew I was on a mission to capture this girl. No one knows that I am in love with her.

It would be best not to show emotions just yet. That would show my vulnerability. My enemies could hurt me by hurting her.

"Please help her. I went through a lot of trouble to acquire her."

The medics gathered around my beautiful girl. Barely breathing. I wanted to kill everyone. But I had to keep my cool, for her safety.

"She's on the brink of death. I have never heard a heart beat this slow, and I have been a medic for 40 years." An older medic proclaimed.

"She is still alive, though. We have to remember how important she is for Paradise." I had to remind these imbeciles. Stop talking about her condition and just do your job.

They placed her carefully on a gurney and began transporting her to the hospital. I followed.

. . .

At the hospital, I watched as the medics rushed to save her life. Her heart beat once per minute. I cannot go crazy. I would die soon after. I would not live with this pain.

After a few hours of watching her, a medic approached me.

"We did all that we could do. It seems that she will be in a coma-like state for a while. You should get your rest, Eren. You have been watching her for quite some time."

"What exactly happened to her?"

"It seems as if her body has gone through some major internal trauma. Her body's state reminds me of that of a person who was ran over by one of the horse carriages. But it is strange because there is no external damage. Might I ask what happened?"

They know that she is royal. But should they know of her power? I don't think so. Not yet.

"We have been traveling for quite some time. She really did not like being kidnapped by me. Maybe she was struggling so much emotionally that it affected her like this? I am not sure. I was just told to bring her here alive, which I did. Sort of. I need to stay here and make sure she is alive that way I know I fulfilled my mission to Paradise. You understand, right?"

"Of course, Eren. I'll let you two be."

He walked off as I approached y/n's bed. She slept so calmly. So peaceful. I love her.

I stroked her face with my thumb until I saw the bright morning sun. After that, I sat down in a chair next to her bed and watched her sleep until my body could not be conscious any longer.