Chapter 35: Childish Games

Eren's POV

She was running, fast. Not towards me this time, but away.

I hate you.

Her words echoed in my head as if they were the last I would ever hear from her. I didn't care that she hated me.

I ran in the direction she went. The rain was so torrential that I could not see my hands in front of me. The rain would wash away her dripping blood in seconds, covering any path to her.

She was powerful. More than I thought she was, more than all of Eldia thought. She was controlling the weather with her emotions, this I was sure of. Every time she became angry, her raw emotion would cause these storms. I believe that the storms are meant to protect her, if she knew how to use them properly. But she doesn't. And I know it is going to harm her more than help. I cannot find her because of her power. But I cannot shift into a Titan right now, because if she's too close she could get caught in the explosion. So I keep running, following the faint smell of blood.

I slowly begin to panic after an hour of chasing.

Shift. You know you want to. My Titan spoke to me now.

I won't shift. If I injure her more than she already is she will certainly die. I could not risk it.

So I kept following that faint smell of blood, diluted from the rain. I did not know how she kept going in her condition. It must be her royal blood that was saving her now.

Two hours passed, then three. It was getting dark now. The rain persisted.

"Y/N! PLEASE!" I kept going. I kept screaming her name. I was covered in mud.

"Y/n. Y/n. Please. I'm going insane. I love you." I repeatedly said her name until it was just noise coming from my lips.

And then I heard something. A titan's scream.

That was all it took for me to bite the side of my arm. I had enough of her childish games.