We're closed

Hope POV

Hours passed maybe, considering I've lost all sense of time in this goddamn place, I thought about Ryan's offer.It seemed appealing but I couldn't trust him. What if in the process we unleash more monsters or Malivore gets released so I didn't trust him but on the other hand even if I stay here the sacrifice I made was meaningless because I'm not doing anything to stop Malivore either.
Maybe I'm afraid to face reality because if I go back to the real world and see the faces I want to see but them not recognizing me would make my meaningless sacrifice reality. 'Nothing's ever truly meaningless Hope' my mind said back to me and yeah maybe I'm getting a tiny bit stir crazy in here too.

I heard the clicking of shoes come toward me, I didn't have to look to know it was Ryan.

"Have you thought about my proposition Hope ?" My mind was still going through the different scenarios how bad it would be if I agreed to his deal before I answered him.

"I am" I paused " I'm going thinking about it real hard you can trust me on that" I said I sank down to the floor.

"And what do you say will you trust Little O'l me to get you out of here or will you wallow for forever in here?" I rubbed the bridge of my nose, his tone made it even harder to trust him.

"Tell me what you'll do when you get out? Will you continue to try and raise your father so that it can reek havoc in the real world ?" I asked taking a shot, he seemed to pause but the smile never leaving his face like this situation was so damn amusing.Im not a morbid person I understand humor but there was no humor in this situation.

"Hmm now maybe I will or maybe I won't depends really" my eyes narrowed at that comment.

" on what?" I calmed myself and stood up to my feet " do you really want to see the world destroyed or whatever chaos Malivore will bring?" I saw some emotion flicker in his eyes but as soon as I saw it,it disappeared.

He sighed before turning around " I will tell you this Hope Mikaelson I never wanted to raise my father willingly" he said before walking away leaving me once again with my thoughts and to think about that last comment of his.

" I can't trust you" I said underneath my breath,I watched his back disappear into the darkness.

Trusting Ryan is dangerous and I won't and can't trust him but we both benefit from the deal if what he said was true that him raising his father was never his own choice then maybe just maybe I have a chance to get out of here and finish what I started. 'Those are a lot of maybe's' oh shut up I know it is.

Flashback

We were sitting on the dock, watching the sun set, I kept thinking about what he told me about leadership and trust.

"You're thinking too loud hope" he said without looking away from the view " what's wrong?"

I sighed and set my head on his shoulder, our hands were intertwined.

" what do you do if you can't trust anyone around you? I'm not talking about my friends but what if you're in a situation like that?" I heard him breath in and out again before he spoke while making small patterns on the back of my hand.

"That's easy trust yourself" he paused "trust in your abilities, your strength, your intelligence so yes when you're surrounded by someone you can't trust, the obvious choice is to trust in yourself" he finished pecking my head.

"Is that what you were thinking so hard about?"

"Hmm I guess but you make it sound so easy" I heard him chuckle " no it wasn't easy for me but growing up like I did made me trust myself and kurama"