15: Consequences

"Lisa. Time for school!" Lisa heard a voice outside of her bedroom. She groaned as the door opened, and Amelia walked inside her bedroom. "You have to wake up now!" Amelia said, opening the curtains and exposing the grey sky with some light rain. She closed it again.

"Nooo. I want to sleep!" Lisa yelled and Amelia looked at the Thai girl, not surprised. "Where is my father?" She asked, trying her best to sound disinterested. But in her heart, Lisa knew the answer.

"He is not home yet." Amelia responded.

"Is he ever?" Lisa rhetorically asked and she closed her eyes. "Tell James I am sick and to phone the school that I am not coming. I also want breakfast in bed please. I just don't feel good today." Lisa explained and Amelia closed the curtains again.

"I will make you a nice breakfast. You just get yourself better." Amelia said to her and walked out of the room. Lisa felt like never getting out of that bed ever again. She couldn't even image what a mess the school probably was, once the truth was revealed.

***

"Honey, you've been distracted lately." Yejin said to her daughter, who was was looking down at her plate, not eating her scrambled eggs with sausages. Yejin noticed that last night her daughter was exactly the same. She didn't want Jennie ever to be sad.

"Huh?" Jennie asked after she heard her mother say something to her. Too bad she wasn't paying much attention to what she said. Jennie was still thinking about what a mess detention was and how will she look at her friend's faces.

"I asked you to pass me the salt twice now and then I said you've been distracted lately. What is going on with you?" Yejin questioned Jennie, who sighed out, her shoulders slouching down. She was exhausted, not being able to sleep last night, with all the thinking and crying.

"I'm fine." Jennie lied forcing herself to take a bite of her bread slice. Ella looked at her sister with a worried face, not knowing what to say. She sensed something was wrong with her older sister, but she didn't want to call attention.

"Maybe you are tired from having a part time job?" Jennie dropped the bread, as she stared at her father surprised. She hid it so well. No one else knew. Her parents were not supposed to find out about it.

"I..." She tried to explain herself, but her father didn't give her a chance.

"You know your focus should be in school. Your mother and I were surprised when Jungkook's mother brought up the part time job, when we bumped into her in the supermarket. Then we finally figured out why you said no to allowance these past months." Hyunbin said, reaching out his hand to touch Jennie's arm.

"That is, your father and I got to talking and we came to the conclusion, that maybe we should sell the house." Yejin stated, waiting for the groans and surprised gasps from their daughters.

"What?!" Ella was the first one to exclaim.

"I think we need the money, and we can rent a nice small flat that fits all of us. When you both return from school, we will talk about it." Yejin said, not wanting their daughters to be late for school.

Jennie was feeling extremely sick. It was as if she was paying back for all the evil she has done to people in the past. Everything in her life was falling apart and Jennie didn't know how to get it together.

Jennie went to her bedroom to grab her black umbrella, before she heads outside. She could hear the pouring rain from the outside. She kissed her parents goodbye, before she left for school. Her tears started falling out, once she was out of the house and far away from her family. This was the lowest she has ever been in her life. Jennie wanted peace and quiet. Now, she was friendless, girlfriend/boyfriend-less, homeless, and all she needs next is school-less.