19: Stand Up!

"I really like your dress. It makes you look ever so beautiful." Lisa said, kissing Jennie's hand. The two girls were sat in the backseat of Lisa's car, which James was driving. They were on their way to meet with Chaeyoung at Fred's Burger. Lisa had a pair of black skinnies, white sneakers and a light blue shirt, while Jennie was wearing a pretty flowery dress and a leather jacket she found in her pile of to-be-washed clothes.

"Then you will love me without it." Jennie teased kissing Lisa on the lips. James looked at the girls through the rearview mirror and smiled. He hasn't seen Lisa this happy in a while, and it was all thanks to Jennie. James has been worried about the court date for Lisa's emancipation. He wants to make sure that she is ready to face one of the biggest obstacles in her life. Hopefully Jennie will be by her side.

James parked in front of Fred's Burger, where a impatient Chaeyoung was waiting for the two girls to arrive. "What time should I pick you up?" James asked and Lisa thought for a minute before answering.

"I think I will sleepover at Chaeyoung's tonight, so you can have a day off." Jennie eyed Lisa from the corner of her eye. She had no idea that Chaeyoung and Lisa had separate plans. But she should understand, considering the fact that Chaeyoung is Lisa's first real friend.

"Alright, thank you, boss." James said in a jokingly way. Lisa smiled at him and got out of the car. Jennie followed her and the two of them walked up to Chaeyoung, who kept tapping her phone on be palm of her hand.

"Hey! Who are we waiting for?" Lisa asked looking around, wondering why Chaeyoung seemed irritated. They only know each other for about a month or more and Lisa can already sense when something is wrong with Chaeyoung. "Who's in there?"

"This is why I was waiting for you guys out there. It's a mess. Sana and Joy are in there with Jisoo, Irene and Jackson seem to be on a date and Jungkook is hanging out with some girls from the cheer squad and some guys from his team. It's seems as if all of them decided to come hang out in the same place as us." Chaeyoung explained and Lisa rubbed her shoulders gently trying to calm her down.

Lisa knows Chaeyoung is trying hard to get to know Jennie, but with everyone in there who has a problem with Jennie, Chaeyoung won't be able to complete her mission. Jennie seemed a little bit bothered by how Lisa was rubbing Chaeyoung's shoulders. Maybe she was high on jealousy and she didn't know it yet.

"It's alright. I can't stop living my life just because of the people in there. Let's go in." Jennie assured both girls and the three of them walked inside the establishment. The place was packed with other customers, but the people from West Wood high stopped what they were doing to stare at the three of them.

Chaeyoung rushed towards her seat next to Jisoo, while Jennie and Lisa followed her. Lisa held onto Jennie arm, feeling uncomfortable with the stares people were giving them. The only person unbothered was Joy, who kept drinking her tall glass of milkshake. She hasn't spoken to Jennie in weeks and now they were both in the same place.

"Carry on with your lives!" Jennie yelled out and everyone decided to follow what she said. She felt glad that she still had some power left, but her mood was ruined when she exchanged glances with Joy, across the room. Just looking at her, Jennie was reminded of the good times the two of them had. Their friendship was worth 1,000 girlfriends/boyfriends. Their friendship, unfortunately, can't be the same as it was before.

"You miss her?" Lisa asked and Jennie came back to reality, realising she has been staring at Joy for the past minutes. Jennie nodded and Lisa placed a comforting arm around her. Jennie could always count on Joy and sadly Joy found out that Jennie betrayed her in one of the worst ways possible.