42: L for Live, Laugh, Love

"What's going to happen with Chahee?" Lisa asked, as she sat in front of Ms Tiffany's desk after school. Jennie and Chahee had finished their conversation and Jennie was with the gang hanging by the school yard, while Lisa rushed over to talk to Ms Tiffany. Lisa hoped Ms Tiffany would help Chahee, like she does with the other students and maybe show Chagee the right way to forgive herself through all the pain she had to endure.

"Chahee will receive help from professionals when she moves away with her parents. Her foster parents didn't even know that Chahee had used a portion of her college fund to pay for the tuition here at West Woods High. Chahee was unrecognizable because her appearance changed completely, but I knew it was her. Chahee had been to my classroom many times. As time passed, she started learning things about me, especially something I did in my past." Ms Tiffany explained, making Lisa shift in her seat. She couldn't believe that Chahee would betray Ms Tiffany for a stupid revenge plot.

"You know, miss, sometimes we learn that the only way we can be blackmail-free, is if we expose our own past. The moment you take control of the situation, the less are the chances of someone taking advantage of what happened. I want you to know that I am sincerely sorry that Chahee did what she did towards you." Lisa apologized, feeling as if she was somewhat guilty. She couldn't hate Chahee anymore. It was impossible. She understood what must have gotten into her head for her to do the things she did.

"I will one day, but for now, I think I need to help Chahee as much as I can. You should go talk to Jennie, who probably would like to talk to someone about everything that happened. So, don't run away from her again, okay?" Ms Tiffany advised, hoping Lisa would listen to her for once. Lisa was making far too many excuses to avoid talking with Jennie.

"Don't worry miss, I don't plan on running away this time. I will hold onto her for as long as I can." Lisa stated and Ms Tiffany gave her a thumbs up. She knew how much Lisa cared for Jennie and it was about time they got back together.

***

"Today was such an....awkward day." Jungkook said, as he was sitting next to Joy at the library during their study period. He still couldn't believe everything that happened in the hallway and how things went from a confrontation scene to a sad scene filled with revelations. Joy nodded her head in agreement, noticing how things just felt extremely awkward.

"Where were you when Jennie was making a nightmare out of Chahee's life? Or should I say Sooyoung?" Joy questioned, still confused as to how she should call Jennie's 'misunderstood enemy'.

"I never really bothered about it. Jennie and I weren't together that time, though we hooked up a couple of times during parties. But during school time, I had my own friends and other things going on. What about you? You used to go to a different school back then, right?" Jungkook asked Joy, who thought back about her answer.

"I did actually. Although my school was 2-3 hours away, Jennie and I never stopped being friends. But the thing that I remember is when I first saw you in this school. We did use to meet whenever our parents got together, but we never really talked to each other and just had awkward staring contests, but one day when I came in here looking for Jennie, you helped me out." Joy spoke softly, reminding herself of how cute Jungkook was back then.

"Was that when you fell for me?" Jungkook asked, leaning closer to Joy. She snorted and looked down at her legs, feeling her face burning. "You look red right now, Joy Park. Like tomato red."

"If you really want to know, yes. You came out of the classroom like it was a movie scene. You were talking to your friends and you suddenly stopped when you saw me. For the first time, you weren't looking at me like 'my mother's friend's daughter', but as Joy. You came over and talked to me and I felt really good. Too bad you hooked up with Jennie and ruined things for me." Joy responded him and Jungkook covered his face with his hands.