10

Yoongi

"So," Charlie's friend fixes me with an unreadable gaze, "This is Min Yoongi then?"

I shiver under her look. I don't remember her being so intimidating when she served me coffee before and it's scaring me now. Charlie chuckles from beside me, shaking her head at her best friend.

"Jieun, don't scare him."

Jieun looks over at her friend and then back at me. A second later, her face lights up in a wide grin and she eyes me with a smile.

"I can't believe I served Min Yoongi coffee for several months, without even knowing who he was." She breathes out, and I start to relax at her change in attitude.

Charlie nods her head, "Imagine my surprise when I found out he was my soulmate."

Jieun laughs, "Must have been quite the shock."

"I thought I was dreaming for the first few hours."

Jieun laughs again, her smile wide and cheerful. The three of us are sitting at a table in the café, drinks in front of us. For obvious reasons, I'm wearing a mask and I don't have a drink, because there's no way I'm going to be able to drink through my mask. The café is relatively quiet for a weekday lunchtime, but I'm not complaining. It's better if there's less people, because there's less chance of anyone recognizing me. I know that Bang PD is supportive of mine and Charlie's relationship, but I'm guessing his view may sour if we create a scandal.

"How is it," Jieun says to Charlie, "Being bonded to possibly the best producer and one of the best rappers of the decade?"

Charlie blushes slightly and takes a hold of my hand, casually linking our fingers.

"It's great. Yoongi is so thoughtful and kind, and it's just nice to have someone else to rely on and care about."

"I am here, you know. You can ask me questions." I say, as I want to get to know Charlie's friend better and something tells me that Jieun wants to make sure that I'm the best soulmate for her friend. Jieun turns to me, something calculating in her gaze and she opens her mouth to speak. I know that whatever she's going to ask will have some underlying message or warning and I respect that Jieun's been Charlie's friend for a while. She knows Charlie better than me and knows what she needs, a stage which I'm hoping to get to.

"Alright then," Jieun says, her eyes almost steely as they stare at me, "How is it, being bonded to the nicest, sweetest person alive?"

Charlie's eyes widen from beside me. Evidently she'd been expecting for Jieun to ask me about myself and not her, but I knew that Jieun would test me.

I smile, "I feel lighter than I have in ages. Just being around Charlie makes me feel better and even work is easier. Honestly, I think I was a little lost without Charlie and now that she's here, beside me, I just want to look after her and care for her."

Jieun's expression doesn't change and she doesn't move, but a few seconds later her lips twist into a genuine smile and she nods her head.

"I like him." She says to Charlie, who seems to be both flustered and confused.

Charlie glances at me, puzzlement written all over her expression, but I just shrug my shoulders, not helping her out. She looks back over at Jieun, who is now positively grinning at the two of us. Charlie finally sighs, when she realises she isn't going to get an answer and takes a sip of her tea. I watch how her pink lips purse slightly as she drinks, the look adorable on her.

Ever since yesterday, since the kiss, I've found that I'm more open with myself about my feelings. The memory of her mouth against mine has been haunting me all night, but in a good way. I can't seem to get Charlie out of my head and at this point, I'm not even trying to. My life feels fuller, more complete with her in it and I know that even though there will be hurdles that we'll have to go over, we'll get through it together and my feelings won't change.