16

Yoongi

"Hyung, can I talk to you?"

Namjoon steps into my room, his face uncharacteristically blank.

"Of course Joon." I pat the space next me on the bed, "Sit down."

We've been in New Zealand for nearly a week now and I know that the members have noticed how down Namjoon is. Whenever we've had free time off, he's been working hard and it's safe to say that we're all worried about him. Thankfully, we're going back to Seoul tomorrow, so hopefully once he sees Ash again, he'll be better.

Namjoon comes to sit down next to me, his shoulders slumped.

"I miss her." Is all he says and I give him a sympathetic smile.

I know exactly how he feels, as I've been missing Charlie so much, it's like one of my vital organs has been taken from me and I'm struggling to function without her. Though the daily phone calls have helped, I can't wait to get back, so I can hug her and never let her go.

"It's strange," He continues, his gaze fixed on the floor, "When I left home, I missed my family so much, but this feels different. It's like-"

"You're not whole and something's been taken from you?" I say and Namjoon turns his head towards me, realisation appearing on his features.

"You're missing Charlie too, aren't you? Sorry, I was so wrapped up in my emotions, that I forgot that you're away from your soulmate as well."

I shake my head, dismissing his apology, "It's fine Namjoon. Mine's probably not as worse as yours, since I've been bonded with Charlie for less time."

Namjoon frowns, "But you've been suffering in silence. You've been working hard driving and cooking for all of us, and you've not once said anything. Hyung, you know you can talk to us and we'll gladly listen."

"I know, but I didn't want to spoil this break. I think the rest of the group are really enjoying being here and I didn't want to dampen the mood. Anyways, this isn't about me, this is about you. Carry on."

But Namjoon shakes his head and gives me a small glare.

"Hyung, you need to talk too, you can't just bottle all of this up."

"I can and I will. Besides, we'll be back in Seoul tomorrow." I reply, levelling Namjoon with an identical glare and neither of us say anything more, daring each other to say the first word. Our staring contest is broken, when there's a knock at our door and Jungkook peeks his head in.

"Jin Hyung told me to come tell you that dinner's ready." He pauses, glancing between us, "What were you talking about?"

He doesn't even wait for an answer and steps inside my room, coming to sit down on the floor in front of us, waiting for us to start talking again. I crack a small smile at his actions and decide to answer him.

"Namjoon and I were talking about our soulmates."

I don't miss how Jungkook's face drops slightly and I cast a look over at Namjoon, who seems to have seen the expression as well. Suddenly our own problems are forgotten and both of our attentions are fixed on the Maknae.

"Kook?" Namjoon says slowly, "Is there something you want to talk about?"

Jungkook's eyes slip down and we watch as his features turn sad.

"When do you think I'll find my soulmate?"

His voice is small, the uncertainty in his tone breaking my heart. Usually Jungkook's quite a bright and happy person, but when he's sad, it's hard for the rest of us to watch. We hate seeing him upset and if he starts crying, it normally sets the rest of us off. Namjoon's expression is confused.