31

Charlie

"Why do they have to be so cute?!" Ash groans from beside me, as we watch our soulmates on the screen in front of us.

After months of effort, Bangtan are finally performing their well rehearsed stages. They've produced such amazing stages, that I know ARMY's are going to be talking about them for years to come and I can't express how proud I am of Yoongi and the guys. During every performance, Ash and I have been in the green room behind stage, just there to support our soulmates and ease away their tiredness from performing.

Now we're on the last performance at SBS Gayo Daejun. It's the beginning of the festival, so the guys are performing their Christmas song medley. I watch as Jungkook leads the young actress down the stage to where I know Taehyung and Yoongi are waiting to do their part of the performance.

"Who?" I ask, turning to look at Ash momentarily, "The girl or Jungkookie?"

"Both." She says and sighs, "And we haven't even got to Joon's part yet. I swear the performances have been even more wrecking for me this year."

I grin, "That's because you bonded to Joon this year and you're not only watching your Idol, but your soulmate on stage."

Ash nods her head in agreement, "True. Look, Tae and Yoongi's part is beginning."

I quickly look back at the screen, mentally preparing myself for what I'm about to see. Taehyung begins the song, singing and dancing with the girl, and then Yoongi's on stage, singing sweetly. My heart melts at the sight of my lovely soulmate and I'm utterly silent through out the rest of the stage, my eyes not moving from Yoongi.

"Charlie? You look like you're about to cry."

I have to tear my gaze away from the screen, which is showing Taehyung and Yoongi dancing with their arms around each other.

"I love him." I find myself saying, "I love him so much."

Ash chuckles at my apparent inability to say anything else and I send her a teasing glare.

"Just you wait until Namjoon appears, you're not going to be in a better state," I say and a light blush dances across her cheeks.

Barely a minute later, I'm watching a starstruck Ash stare at the screen, as her soulmate cutely offers his hand out to the young girl whilst singing. I smile at her expression and the adoration in her eyes. Once their stage has finished, I nudge a seemingly frozen Ash in the side.

"So?" I ask.

"I love him."

This makes me grin widely, "I had a feeling you'd say that."

Ash turns to me, something urgent in her eyes.

"No you don't understand, I love him. I don't know what's cuter, him dancing and waving at the little girl or the fact that he's singing on stage. And don't get me started on how adorable he looks."

"Alright," I reply, "I won't. Come on, let's focus on the stage otherwise we'll miss the rest of it."

We watch the rest of the performance in awed silence. Even though the both of us were there for the rehearsals, there's something special and magical about watching the real thing. We're not in the crowd, watching them right in front of us, but it's just as good sitting backstage. Before I know it, the performance is over and they're making their way off stage. I know that in a couple of minutes, they're going to be in the green room with us.

Ash and I carry on watching the screen, which is now showing the hosts talking about the line up for the festival, and when we hear the sound of the room's door opening, Ash jumps to her feet.