9

Charlie

Another two weeks pass by and we fall into a routine.

Quite early on into the holiday, I realized that there's no point trying to stop Yoongi from going to the company, but I've made it my mission every time to stop him from doing as much work as I can. Since I've decided to take up the internship offer from Bang PD, having talked to Jieun about it first, I've got to relearn the basics of music. And so every morning, Yoongi and I head into the company, go straight to his studio and he starts to teach me about how to make music.

Currently, Yoongi and I are sitting in front of his desktop and keyboard in his studio, working on creating a song. Every so often, as we work, I can't help but sneaking glances at my soulmate. He looks different when he's working, more focused and definitely more attractive. Sitting where I am now, I get a clear view of his jaw line, as he sets up the producing application on his computer.

"Right, let's start with a melody then." He says and gestures for me to play something on the keyboard. I let my fingers hover over the keys, thinking about what I want to play and then play a short four chord motif. Yoongi nods his head approvingly and does something on the producing application, which I completely miss as I'm staring at his side profile.

"Ok, this is your main melody. Actually, let's just change this cadence to something brighter. There." He plays two chords on the keyboard, which have a happy resolution to them, "Now, let's put a standard beat behind this. And now, a subject for our lyrics Charlie. It doesn't matter what subject, anything will do."

I raise an eyebrow, "Really? Anything?"

Yoongi nods his head, not looking at me and patiently waiting for me to tell him what the song's subject is going to be.

"How about................" I think for a good few seconds, before answering, "...... Chicken."

There's silence for a second and then Yoongi turns to look at me, his eyes round in puzzlement.

"Chicken? That's the subject?"

I shrug my shoulders, "You did say it could be about anything."

Yoongi is quiet, but then he sighs and turns back to the desktop.

"Yes, I did. I suppose our subject is Chicken then."

Everything goes quiet and I watch as Yoongi picks a piece of paper up from his desk and he starts to write lyrics down, whilst listening to the melody over and over again. I lean closer to him, looking over his shoulder at the lyrics he's writing, smiling when I see them. Somehow he manages to write meaningful and deep lyrics for such a random topic.

"Okay," Yoongi says, after he's written down a verse, "Let's try it with the music."

He starts the melody from the top and then he begins to sing.

The world falls out from around me and suddenly all I can see is Yoongi, as he sings softly. His tone is low, steady and there's something enchanting to it. Although it's obvious that he's slightly uncomfortable and not very confident with singing, he's better than he gives himself credit for. The sound of his calming, slow and somewhat raspy voice is pure heaven, and I find myself getting lost in the peacefulness of his tone. It's so different from his rapping and yet so similar, with the huskiness identifiable in both his rap and his singing.

Without any warning, the singing stops and my eyes, which had been shut so I could appreciate Yoongi's voice better, slip open. Yoongi is staring at me, blushing but still managing to fix me with a semi-stern glare.

"You weren't paying attention, were you?"

I shake my head, "I was paying attention, I just wanted to focus on your voice, that's all. You've got a very nice voice, you know?"