• Thirty Seven •

Claudius

°°°

"Son, why do you have to be rude to Lauren?"

I blew a sigh and shifted my eyes over the transparent glass window. Lauren and I have talked about this but I cannot believe she even told my father that I acted that way. But looking at my father's serious expression, I guess it's fine that Lauren told him that I act rude in front of her.

"I also recieved something from my assistant--- apparently, someone who works for you must have done some research on Anastasia and Lauren. Here," he handed me a folder.

Upon reading the file, I can't help but smirked. This is the research Hailey have gathered about those women.

Bilib din talaga ako sa kakayahan ni Anastasia. It's her credit report and multiple loans under the company's name. How long have she been doing this?

"It’s from my assistant," I spoke, "More importantly, haven’t Lauren told you about this already? I was aware of their personal credit report. Don’t tell me you’re not believing it at all?"

"Claudius, I won’t ever believe on this. Anastasia would never use me and the company."

Binagsak ko ang folder sa lamesa at pagak na natawa sa kan'ya. You've become too blind, my father. Why are you letting that Anastasia fool you?

"Are you being serious?"

"It’s final. I won’t believe that. Just because she has financial problems doesn’t mean she’s a bad person," he answered.

"If I were you, father, I would never let those women hide their financial situation before talking about marriage. This Anastasia is hiding the fact, you know that she is not to be trusted. Lauren have told you the truth already if I’m not mistaken."

"She did but I don’t believe any of you," he replied as if nothing can ever change his mind.

"What?"

Leaning at his chair, he folded his arms and closed his eyes, "This is quite shocking, but we can solve their financial problems for them. Claudius, it’s just money. Everyone has one or two flaws they want to hide. So what if she has loans under our company? According to your assistant’s research, it’s only 220,000 pesos. Was that a big deal?" he looked at me sternly.

Meaning, even if Lauren have already told him about their true intention, he still find it irrational to believe? I am amazed.

"I’m very sad to see you’ve lost your good judgment," I said.

"I’ve not lost my good judgment, son. But I hope you respect my decision. Alam ko naman, I’m aware, that you and Lauren doesn’t really like to marry each other. Fine, I accept that now. But don’t dare to ruin Anastasia’s name. I know she’s a good woman."

"God," singhal ko. Hindi ko na talaga alam ang gagawin para maniwala siyang hindi maganda 'tong ginagawa ng fiancée niya.

But I am not giving up. He may be stubborn and blinded, but I won’t let that woman fool my father like an innocent little child further. How I wish Anastasia hit her head and tell the truth with her own mouth.

"I understand why you’re acting like this," I told him.

His brow knitted, "Understand? Well if you really understand then it should be clea---"

"Before, you confirmed that I was against dating a woman and you’re right about that. I don’t like to get attach with a woman because I feel they’re not trusted, like they would always wanted something from me. But I realized something recently, after meeting someone."